We, Together.

"You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”

- George Bernard Shaw.

I've always loved that quote, i think its one that adequately describes who I am/we are; Outside the box, pondering schrodingers NT inside the box.

Unfortunately, to those in the box everything becomes box shaped and all the solutions are cuboid. But we're non convex polygons (Eight pointed black star's), we dont fit in neat little boxes.

Unorthodox start to a post i realise, but i know you get it.

And i know its not the only thing you 'get' when you read other peoples posts on these pages and elsewhere on the net, especially the painful ones, because you have either been there or are currently passing through there for the umpteenth time, just know this, you are not alone. x

And that is the point of this post, you may have read my ramblings on other posts, particularly the suicide ones where i have mused about creating change, making things different etc etc blah blah blah ad nauseum Nauseated face 

Now is the time to 'be the change' once again.

I intend on creating a metaphorical 'Space Port ASC' outside the box. OK i hear you 'thewhothewherethewhaaanow'. Think of it as a digital community of free range ASC folks, taking the best technologies the net has and harnessing them to make our lives better, together (ffs did i really just go brexity), and extending this into RL progress. This will not be another website/forum, it will be a true digital community hub for US.

I'm not going to lay it all out here in public, which is the point of this post, i am looking to create a small working group of people to discuss, explore and hopefully help shape 'Space Port ASC' (obv not its name, just an abstract thought, maybe an operational name per se ;) )

Who am i looking for?

No Idea. I would like to put our best foot forward so any foundations laid are solid, that means a broad spectrum of switched on people.

OVER 18, legally competent. Preferably diagnosed or well on the path.

Those requirements may jar some of you but i feel that it is best if we are able to navigate this pathfinding mission without added layers of complexity, space port ASC will be for EVERYBODY on the spectrum when sufficient safeguards are in place, i feel that is absolutely necessary.

I would also like to hear from people on this thread who like the idea of an ASC digital community, and would participate as a 'netizens' in our digital world.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead

• Ugh, forgot to turn the alerts off for this thread, but while I'm here... anyone for an apt reaction img? 

• I don't hide a thing or pretend to be anything that I'm not. If you could see anything, you would have just had the common sense and decency to answer the questions people asked you right here, out in the open. That would have avoided this whole messy thing.

• I don't need to. I'm not speculating when I say you have something to hide. You've openly admitted that yourself. I'm not defaming, everything I've said was either in response to a rude or unreasonable comment or request you've made yourself. I don't need to poison, you are doing a perfectly good job of that yourself.

Three people have made perfectly reasonable requests to find out more. Here in the open. You have either ignored them, refused or just been plain rude.

Facts and the truth won't get in the way of me doing anything. You haven't given any facts or truths to anyone. I won't be holding my breath, let alone caring anymore.

• No, it's not. Nothing Cloudy Mountains said put me off.

I asked for details too (and got no response, I might add).

It was the aggressive, dismissive "do not question me, just do as I tell you" tone of your reply. 

• I must say this has put me right off working with you to be quite honest. 

That is the raison d'etre of the posts, to stop it before it starts.
  • Just carry on doing what you're doing; speculating, defaming, poisoning. Facts and truth will never get in the way of you vocalizing.

• And there are YOUR true colours, i could see you coming a mile away.

• Perdu this seems like a massive (and frankly aggressive) overreaction to a reasonable request. If you're looking for someone "legally competent" that suggests some kind of legally binding activity will occur. That's a big ask. 

It's natural that people want more information before putting themselves in a situation where they are going to be asked (and likely to feel pressured by pre-invested time and energy) to make legal contract.

The secrecy in that situation makes me suspicious, it makes me ask "Is this person trying to make that 'pressure by invested effort' effect happen?"

And you can't stop someone posting a response after you have verbally attacked them. It doesn't work that way and it is a very poor debating tactic both to deny a response and call people who are seeking information before committing to a legally binding activity "naysayers".

I must say this has put me right off working with you to be quite honest. 

• We don't know their objectives yet Ellie! They might be pulling your trunk!

Did you see the Twitch stream? I'm just wondering if you could tell us the objectives?

• "Am i not emotionally and mentally vulnerable? Should i be that transparent and expose my life to the unfiltered internet, therefore rendering myself even more vulnerable?".

You just said that, but you are trying to get people to visit a Twitch stream which is basically doing just that. It is a format you can fully control though. Funny that.

• And THIS is precisely why people like me dont bother.

Why? Because you are asked a reasonable question. Are people like you above any questioning? I find it pretty questionable that you seem to mention the mental state of people here, even mentioning suicide, then try and play into their sympathies and fears with your own version of "salvation". 

Am i not emotionally and mentally vulnerable? Should i be that transparent and expose my life to the unfiltered internet, therefore rendering myself even more vulnerable?

I don't know. Personally I don't really care. You seem to have figured out other people are though. It is pretty much all there in your first post. You seem to put yourself above all others. You aren't telling people about your private life, you are trying to get them to participate in something that you will not discuss in the open, all under your direction. This "scheme" could involve members handing over time, money, resources and more importantly their emotional investment. You seem not to care at all that the other people getting involved have vulnerabilities.

Or would it make sense for me to try to get a small group together with whom i can discuss the reasons and experiences that place me in a position to be able to create the infastructure and have the resources to make EPIC ***?

Now lets just hold on a second buddy. There's one major flaw in that statement. I'll just point it out.

that place me in a position to be able to create the infastructure and have the resources to make EPIC ***?

So you want the group to be able to place YOU in a position to "make EPIC ***". It's not about the group being able to prosper together. It's all about you.

But i think you know that, can't have someone getting above your station can we now, pal im not even in your orbit.

I'm not in orbit. I've got my feet firmly on the ground. I don't really care about your "orbit". Status and power seem like something that deeply concern you though. I don't mind if you get it either, just not at the expense of people here.

Sure you're not NT?

I'm completely sure and I don't see a logical reason to think otherwise. I'd say that you trying to lump me in with NT's is a clever ploy though. Some people here aren't particularly fond of NT's because of some of the experiences they have had. Nice try though, making me look like an "outsider" is a pretty underhanded tactic.

Please don't post on this thread again, what i intend on doing is hard enough without naysayers who won't make any positive contributions, this is about building eachother up not tearing eachother down.

If you make a pretty aggressive reply directed to me, it's an unreasonable request for me not not defend my position. I made a reasonable request and your reaction is a bit over the top to say the least. I can't tear down an idea if I don't know what it is, neither can anyone contribute without details, so your point is moot. I'd say ensuring that members aren't being used, mislead or exploited is more of a contribution.

Please go forth and multiply.

Thank you, I will do that at your behest. Maybe the going forth part but I'm not thinking about multiplication at the moment.

You really do seem like a person who would be a terrible person to work with or for. Or should I say "place you in a position to be able to create an infrastucture and have the resources to make EPIC ***". Your temper and decent into ad hominems when you feel like lashing out, would be a nightmare to be around.

You've actually reinforced my concerns about you. All I made was a measured, reasonable request. Your true colours are here for all to see.

• It is a conversation that needs to happen and your objectives are admirable. 

• A journey starts with a single step, and all that.....

I shall be streaming here shortly https://www.twitch.tv/m1da5tv a new channel for this conversation.

Don't expect too much, but lets start the conversation (albeit one sided unfortunately for now)

Music will be playing until there is a few people to save repetition.

• Can they learn?

• Are you able to get some? May i suggest amending your post to Cloudy Mountain bearing in mind rule 4 of the community.

Kafka and Plato - a powerful conjunction. I may find it difficult to hear direction to get out of the cave if too many mouse people are singing inharmoniously 

• What we have here is Platos cave mixed with Kafkes Josefine, die Sängerin oder Das Volk der Mäuse