Did anything good happen today? Aug 2018

I hope this is still ok, so often we are talking about our problems, and quite rightly so, we have so many and very few places to get help but I think we should also have a place to share our successes how ever small they may be.

Did something make you smile or make you feel good?

Did you do something that you struggle with?

Please share what ever it is.

Song.

Parents
  • Today I took stock of how well I've done coping.

I'm finally feeling together. I haven't had a good nights sleep in months until a few nights ago. I was on the edge of madness. Not figuratively, literally. My senses were in overdrive. Colour and sound were becoming one. Moving patterns, light was painful, and the heat was agony. Lack of sleep, anxiety and confusion. Chains and chains of information and clips of sound, pictures and words. On top of that I was put on medication that was way too strong and I still couldn't sleep. I was hardly eating too. So I was stoned out of my mind, having between 2 and 5 hours sleep and barely eating. It wasn't good.

I've had problems with my secondary mental heath care. Very, very unprofessional stuff has been going on. I made steps to get it sorted out. I will get the care I should be getting. It's seems that they have left a lot of evidence that reinforces my concerns. That story will be told when it all plays out. It's ironic when you are being treated for anxiety and depression, but the "treatment" makes you anxious and depressed.

I've had a few problems with a family member. One serious confrontation. That's all sorted out now. We actually were laughing about the confrontation because they ended up slipping over and knocking themselves senseless before they could start hitting anyone. It was scary at the time because of how hard they fell but luckily no one was hurt. I think a lesson in Karma was learned. At the time I was worried that it would turn into a feud and I really wanted to get my hands on them, lol, luckily a well thrown sandwich and the floor intervened though. Things could have been much worse. I also learned that my sandwich throwing skills are seriously dangerous. Forgive and forget. They are usually a good person but temperamental. I don't think that they will be taking that approach again. They need to learn some manners though, because sadly there are a lot of people in the world that will be more than glad to do it. I worry about them.

So I managed to get through all of it without losing my mind, self-medicating, attacking anyone physically (apart from throwing a sandwich like a Hadouken!), attacking anyone verbally, not letting the momentum continue, not feeling hateful toward myself or the rest of the world, and holding my *** together better than I have in a long time. I feel that I've accomplished something. The last few months have been torture, but in retrospect they have made me realise I can cope with more than I thought I could. I wouldn't want to relive it but it has put things into perspective in a way. Everything is getting back to a more managable place. I love real British weather.

• Today I took stock of how well I've done coping.

I'm finally feeling together. I haven't had a good nights sleep in months until a few nights ago. I was on the edge of madness. Not figuratively, literally. My senses were in overdrive. Colour and sound were becoming one. Moving patterns, light was painful, and the heat was agony. Lack of sleep, anxiety and confusion. Chains and chains of information and clips of sound, pictures and words. On top of that I was put on medication that was way too strong and I still couldn't sleep. I was hardly eating too. So I was stoned out of my mind, having between 2 and 5 hours sleep and barely eating. It wasn't good.

I've had problems with my secondary mental heath care. Very, very unprofessional stuff has been going on. I made steps to get it sorted out. I will get the care I should be getting. It's seems that they have left a lot of evidence that reinforces my concerns. That story will be told when it all plays out. It's ironic when you are being treated for anxiety and depression, but the "treatment" makes you anxious and depressed.

I've had a few problems with a family member. One serious confrontation. That's all sorted out now. We actually were laughing about the confrontation because they ended up slipping over and knocking themselves senseless before they could start hitting anyone. It was scary at the time because of how hard they fell but luckily no one was hurt. I think a lesson in Karma was learned. At the time I was worried that it would turn into a feud and I really wanted to get my hands on them, lol, luckily a well thrown sandwich and the floor intervened though. Things could have been much worse. I also learned that my sandwich throwing skills are seriously dangerous. Forgive and forget. They are usually a good person but temperamental. I don't think that they will be taking that approach again. They need to learn some manners though, because sadly there are a lot of people in the world that will be more than glad to do it. I worry about them.

So I managed to get through all of it without losing my mind, self-medicating, attacking anyone physically (apart from throwing a sandwich like a Hadouken!), attacking anyone verbally, not letting the momentum continue, not feeling hateful toward myself or the rest of the world, and holding my *** together better than I have in a long time. I feel that I've accomplished something. The last few months have been torture, but in retrospect they have made me realise I can cope with more than I thought I could. I wouldn't want to relive it but it has put things into perspective in a way. Everything is getting back to a more managable place. I love real British weather.

Children
No Data