Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • I have actually googled and found this I'm exsreamly worried about my 17 yr old he can't stand anyone in his space so I respect that BUT have to clean his room as it's NOT just teenage dirt mess laziness etc it's much much worse !! But he just can't seem do it himself he does other things to help me not particularly lazy but his room got sooo bad it worries me as he says he wants move out in coouple yrs. He just can't seem or care about being a bit clean ! I don't expect polish and dusting just picking up rubbish every so often and taking out dirty plates on a regular basis or even Let Me doit  !! Bedding was so bad I had throw it away don't know what to do Cry

• he is still 17 hopefully he will wise-up more when 18,19,20.

my 17 year old is the same (NT) except for the bedding

we decided at one point to let him sleep in his mess to see it that would help and that is exactly what he did ! he would sleep with plates in his bed ! totally amazing feat !  

• I have tried EVERYTHING with my daughter, but absolutely nothing works!  She will talk the talk, but when it comes down to it nothing happens.  Full of promises!  She even went to my sister and discussed her worry for me as I was very depressed and not coping with things indoors, even though I had explained what my problem was.  My sister told her as well and she said she was trying, but no change.  She talks about being minimalistic but that’s the complete opposite to her!  She buys and re buys, leaving packages/paper/rubbish etc all over the floor/ the bed/every surface is piled high!  I’m 74 and really struggling!  What can I do!  Im worried sick for her future!

• I have tried EVERYTHING with my daughter, but absolutely nothing works!  She will talk the talk, but when it comes down to it nothing happens.  Full of promises!  She even went to my sister and discussed her worry for me as I was very depressed and not coping with things indoors, even though I had explained what my problem was.  My sister told her as well and she said she was trying, but no change.  She talks about being minimalistic but that’s the complete opposite to her!  She buys and re buys, leaving packages/paper/rubbish etc all over the floor/ the bed/every surface is piled high!  I’m 74 and really struggling!  What can I do!  Im worried sick for her future!

Children
No Data