Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • I have exactly the opposite, but guessing equally difficult. I am OCD which doesn’t affect everything but quite a lot of everyday things.

From the OCD I suffer from poor time management as there are all these jobs that need to be done before for example taking the kids to school. It causes me so much unnecessary stress and wish I could just leave them. 
    It’s a shame we can’t swap 50% with each other, what a balance that would be! 

Hope you find your balance 

• Balance... Balance... You mea you are messy in the workplace and tidy at home?  Embarissed to say I have not worked since the last burnout as it hit me hard. Am on the mend! :D

What are time managment issues? Losing sense of time? I can do that when on the internet. 

• Hi

Sorry to hear about the burnout and hope your feeling better soon 

My timing issues are that I set myself unrealistic targets so I either fail or it drains me to complete. Both ways I feel like I lose. I try to leave just one bed unmade in the morning before school drop and work but I just can’t do it.

I panic basically while doing tasks as I’m over aware of time, it’s like every second counts. Then at work I can very often just sit there and lose an hour doing nothing. 

I’m generally messy at work but then can’t cope so ultimately I still end up being tidy. 

very confused 

• The last couple of places I worked I was tidy because I would not have what I needed where I expected it to be. It was not because I was naturally tidy, but it was because I was efficient.  

At home I relax far too much, usually because I need to de-stress? I dont know. I am not ultra messy. Just organized clutter! 

Beds... Rarely do I make my bed in the morning when I get up because if I do I am out of routine. I have to get up, put some clothes on to be decent (Always have slept naked as clothes get tight on me and wake me up), go straight to the bathroom which can take ages as I lose track of time...,  But also because I need to wait for body to go, then I have breakfast, go to the loo again and then I am ready for the day!

Oddly driving relaxes me, and I am fortunate that I have a small economical car. But Mum pays for the diesel as most places we go are for her, and I pay for everything else. Car is 18 and a half years old. May give it a cake when it turns 19? :D

• The last couple of places I worked I was tidy because I would not have what I needed where I expected it to be. It was not because I was naturally tidy, but it was because I was efficient.  

At home I relax far too much, usually because I need to de-stress? I dont know. I am not ultra messy. Just organized clutter! 

Beds... Rarely do I make my bed in the morning when I get up because if I do I am out of routine. I have to get up, put some clothes on to be decent (Always have slept naked as clothes get tight on me and wake me up), go straight to the bathroom which can take ages as I lose track of time...,  But also because I need to wait for body to go, then I have breakfast, go to the loo again and then I am ready for the day!

Oddly driving relaxes me, and I am fortunate that I have a small economical car. But Mum pays for the diesel as most places we go are for her, and I pay for everything else. Car is 18 and a half years old. May give it a cake when it turns 19? :D

Children
No Data