Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • Yep. Keeping things clean and tidy is difficult for me...

I try to keep things tidy, I'll usually be sorting my room, trying to keep everything organized and looking tidy. But I'm never satisfied so I'm constantly redoing it! Cleaning is the real challenge though, the house needs hoovering and dusting but I suffer from fatigue and this really takes it out of me. My mum is slowly going blind and I live with the laziest people in the world who still expect her to everything! So I'm trying to step up my game and help more but it is difficult. I'm learning new ways to battle my fatigue and anxiety.

• I've at least made progress with hoovering - headphones and music! This works really well for me and sensory overload caused by the hoover is now a thing of the past.

Reply Children
No Data