Stepping out on my own! - breaking ties rather than keep trying to conform and failing

I am at a juncture.

I don't fit into NT life, nor can I jump through their hoops without making a mess of it

Has anyone done similar and how did it work out?

Parents
  • I don't think you give yourself enough credit. As far as i know you have a good career for a start, so you can definitely conform in some ways. Personally i haven't had a relationship for quite a long time and it does suit me. I feel a lot less anxious. But you might not want to sever ties with everyone as you might feel lonely. Probably don't make any hasty decisions as it could be more of a rough patch than a long term thing. Good luck with whatever you decide though. At least you'll still have everyone here!

• I don't think you give yourself enough credit. As far as i know you have a good career for a start, so you can definitely conform in some ways. Personally i haven't had a relationship for quite a long time and it does suit me. I feel a lot less anxious. But you might not want to sever ties with everyone as you might feel lonely. Probably don't make any hasty decisions as it could be more of a rough patch than a long term thing. Good luck with whatever you decide though. At least you'll still have everyone here!

Children
  • Thank you POTS (Protector of the small)

Like you, I suspect that being with others does not suit me, or them, and I'm often told Im getting it wrong. In terms of family, they cut me out.

The career is good, compensation for deficits in other areas x

Hope you're ok