Women on the Spectrum... revisited

It got BIG again! We have such a community of wonderful women here that we keep being victims of our own success!

Due to the thread http://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/9261/help-are-there-any-women-in-this-community-with-asd getting enormous, I have started a new post! (again)... :) 

Keep in touch

Ellie

x

Parents
  • Hi ladies, mind if I join you?  I'm a 44 year old woman just diagnosed through the NHS, the usual story of never quite fitting in and feeling that I was different.  I had high flying jobs until I burnt out a couple of years ago and am now struggling to work part time in a science lab.  I love the books mentioned and have found that reading about other women's experiences has helped me to understand myself a lot better.  Just saying "hi!"

• Hi ladies, mind if I join you?  I'm a 44 year old woman just diagnosed through the NHS, the usual story of never quite fitting in and feeling that I was different.  I had high flying jobs until I burnt out a couple of years ago and am now struggling to work part time in a science lab.  I love the books mentioned and have found that reading about other women's experiences has helped me to understand myself a lot better.  Just saying "hi!"

Children
  • Hi gojojo!

Reading helped me also to frame who I was and to put my Aspie nature in context. Cynthia Kim’s website “musings of an Aspie” is a great resource and really accessible reading for NTs i hope ...

Congratulations on your diagnosis.. I can certainly identify with the high performance / burn out loop. Being seen as intelligent, hard working, practical, capable, but others don’t always “get” that sustaining such a level of performance can be quite a struggle when you’re ND.