Does this make any sense to anyone?

Hi

I won't bore you with tales from half a centuries worth of mostly disaster. My bet is, if were here, no real explanation is required.

I gained an inkling about 3 years ago that I might be on the spectrum. Everything I read about Asperger's, I was pretty much reading about myself and my own personality. I received the "official" diagnoses about 6 months ago. Relief, I'm not mad or bad, just different.

Now here is my problem (or is it one?).  I really don't like being around people. For 30 odd years I've worked at the pointy end of IT support, at the level 'if I can't fix it, it can't be fixed'. Of course this means you are constantly in demand. Until recently I did not realise just how much stress and anxiety  this was causing me. Pretending to be like everybody else, when I knew inside that I wasn't.

I did have a serious meltdown just over a year ago. Walked away from my career, have very limited contact with the few people I know and trust, no family that means anything to me, and for this last year I think I've made a hermit look extrovert. Thing is, I feel perfectly happy and at peace for probably the fist time in my life. I do feel vaguely guilty sometime, perhaps I should make more of an effort?

Anybodies/Everybody's thoughts and opinions would be very welcome, because I'm just lost 

Parents
  • It makes perfect sense to me.At the ripe old age of 55 I have finally got a diagnosis of Aspergers. My son also has AS as did my father but despite this family link no one believed I too could be on the spectrum because I,m female,got married and had children! My whole life has been a never ending catastrophe because of this dreadful affliction and I find myself now without a job, family, social life or any money and all the diagnosis has done is made me realize just how hopeless my life actually is. Despite my terrible loneliness I too prefer not to be around people. They are just to duplicitous,selfish and cruel generally speaking and the stress they cause is simply not worth the effort. Don,t feel guilty just feel safe.

• It makes perfect sense to me.At the ripe old age of 55 I have finally got a diagnosis of Aspergers. My son also has AS as did my father but despite this family link no one believed I too could be on the spectrum because I,m female,got married and had children! My whole life has been a never ending catastrophe because of this dreadful affliction and I find myself now without a job, family, social life or any money and all the diagnosis has done is made me realize just how hopeless my life actually is. Despite my terrible loneliness I too prefer not to be around people. They are just to duplicitous,selfish and cruel generally speaking and the stress they cause is simply not worth the effort. Don,t feel guilty just feel safe.

Children
No Data