Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • I don't wear makeup for the reasons you describe- it feels horrid and makes me not look like me. Ugh.
    Also I have better things to do with my time than sit around putting it on!

That said, my partner's little sister (also autistic, as is my partner) is seriously into dancing and singing and regularly wears loads for performances. Doesn't seem to bother her at all.

I can easily envisage lots of autistic people avoiding it for sensory reasons though, so I would guess there would be a correlation between autism and not liking makeup if anyone seriously looked into it.

• I don't wear makeup for the reasons you describe- it feels horrid and makes me not look like me. Ugh.
    Also I have better things to do with my time than sit around putting it on!

That said, my partner's little sister (also autistic, as is my partner) is seriously into dancing and singing and regularly wears loads for performances. Doesn't seem to bother her at all.

I can easily envisage lots of autistic people avoiding it for sensory reasons though, so I would guess there would be a correlation between autism and not liking makeup if anyone seriously looked into it.

Children
No Data