Do autistic women wear makeup?

I would have started a poll but I can't see how to do that.

My daughter has just asked why I don't wear any make up, 

It's uncomfortable, makes my face itch, makes me look very odd and I can't do it myself and look like anything other than a clown but my husband says it's because I'm autistic, what do you think?

Parents
  • I watch the TV make-up show 'Glow Up' and a lot of the contestants on there, all aspiring make-up artists, have ASD. Personally, I absolutely love make-up, always have, both beauty and special effects. Its fun and creative and I like the way I feel when I wear it. I don't think it's an ASD thing exactly, though it could very well be a sensory issue, but I also have friends who aren't autistic and absolutely hate the stuff. 

Now perfume is a whole other matter. Much as I love the idea of it, the reality is it makes me feel sick and gives me a headache.

• I watch the TV make-up show 'Glow Up' and a lot of the contestants on there, all aspiring make-up artists, have ASD. Personally, I absolutely love make-up, always have, both beauty and special effects. Its fun and creative and I like the way I feel when I wear it. I don't think it's an ASD thing exactly, though it could very well be a sensory issue, but I also have friends who aren't autistic and absolutely hate the stuff. 

Now perfume is a whole other matter. Much as I love the idea of it, the reality is it makes me feel sick and gives me a headache.

Children