Anti depressants?

I'm struggling, in truth i have been struggling for a very long time, I think most of us do. My GP has me on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets they don't do much for me at all. 

Is there anything that does help? I think that my depression is not depression but part of my autistic spectrum thing. Assuming that it is asd not depression is there anything that can make it any better? I am not sure that I can cope for much longer.

Parents
  • Tried 50mg Sertraline for 2 months. No improvement. Just side effects. Now on 15mg Mirtazapine. The sedation fatigue is quite powerful...

• Like Song, I found that taking Mitazapine later in the day was best for me too. I think Mirtazapine definitely lifted my depression better than the other med's that I'd had before (they had all been SSRIs, unlike Mirtazapine.) Taken later in the day, they helped my sleep more than anything else I've ever been prescribed too; though the incredibly vivid, lucid dreams took a bit of getting used to (thankfully, they were never nightmares.)

The downside, as you say, was the sedative effect; it did wear off a bit (or I got used to it) over time, but never went away completely. My brain is already slow on the uptake most of the time, so it was a bit counterproductive when it came to interacting with people and my brain's readiness to dissociate. My social anxiety was improved a bit, but it was harder to retain my focus and compounded my slow social comprehension, so didn't make it any easier to participate.

• I took it at about 17:00 as I found the sleepiness took a few hours to come in but seemed to last untill 12/14 hours after I had taken it. So but taking it then I was able to get up at 7:00 ish  ( like I ever do anything at an ish time)

• I took it at about 17:00 as I found the sleepiness took a few hours to come in but seemed to last untill 12/14 hours after I had taken it. So but taking it then I was able to get up at 7:00 ish  ( like I ever do anything at an ish time)

Children
No Data