Anti depressants?

I'm struggling, in truth i have been struggling for a very long time, I think most of us do. My GP has me on anti depressants and anti anxiety tablets they don't do much for me at all. 

Is there anything that does help? I think that my depression is not depression but part of my autistic spectrum thing. Assuming that it is asd not depression is there anything that can make it any better? I am not sure that I can cope for much longer.

Parents Reply Children
  • Not tried effexor. Abandoned Mirtazapine on day 3. The bad dreams, chronic fatigue and dizziness was like poisonous snake venom.

• Have you been on effexor at all? I can't feel any difference but hubby says I am much less flipping from one extreme to the other? I am still suicidal but coherent and less angry.

I really do believe now that the depression i have suffered all of my life is in fact my autism and much as I can take these tablets to try and make it less bad it is just part of me like my lack of understanding of emotion and my proprioceptive dysfunction.