Worsting Autistic traits? and general grumble, anyone else?

So I swear I used to basically be fine although that being said living at home and going to school and having a schedule is a lot less trying than where I am now but also I was largely just depressed I didn't really notice much around me other than I was different.

Anyway I only just started to figure I should go see about getting a proper test because it seems to be affecting my life more and more. I think I quit uni (twice) because of it, I can't hold down a job or a relationship but at least I used to travel around the UK a bit. Now I'm mostly stuck in London as my dad wouldn't let me move back in so it's the only place I know how to live for free since I haven't been able to work and all. I'm very much a countryside person though so I miss it but also London is ridiculously stressful as people stare at me, don't smile and there's a lot of noise and stuff going on. It's gotten to a point where I'm scared of crossing roads because I can't handle all the noise and movement so I just can't process what I need to process aka a car coming at me. I tend to therefore only go out when it's dark to rush to a shop or the library and as someone who kinda needs to be able to wonder about in the forests for a few hours a day that...is not ideal. I also am currently *** on public transport. I've started wearing a hat and headphones to limit what I can see and hear but I still end up stressing, hiding behind my bag, in my hands or nearly crying. Anyway I for sure didn't used to be that bad. I think I used to have some aspie traits but like more manageable, I've never had sensory issues this hard to manage. Am I stressed about being in London or is it like some weird reaction to thinking I might have aspergers? It is making me freak out a lot like when I first realised I'm trans and I sorta knew it was so but also kept questioning it actually happening to me.

So I think I need therapy and help dealing with it plus an actual test so I can stop questioning but also I know getting a diagnosis takes forever and I kinda don't want to be in a waiting period but in the meantime any insights into people's own experiences or advice I'd love.

Also if you read this and you go by Anon in some circles please please contact me on here if you don't mind I'd really like to talk to you but if not I'll likely see you in the last weekend of February so it's not such a long wait...

Parents
  • Greetings to NAS35206, again. I Post here most of all to apologise, if needed, for the odd suddeness of my quitting yesterday. Yet, as I said, I might do so, and others may be more helpful to you... and, well, just look at that. The most useful and helpful is StarBuck, and so I also Post great support of that advice (both)...

...Had I continued here, this Thread would have taken a very different turn, for I regret that I could probably never have given you such specific & practical advice; and as seen, I identified with the London and Stress parts, mostly. I may have a "stable" "home" yet I have illnesses, and identify with being <censored> upon Public Transport, and with waiting to cross roads only with other persons at times... But beside all of that, StarBuck is correct, and if you gain a stable Base then you can begin to identify the real resons for Anxieties and such.

...Given all of that, I do not really know what else to add... Fair Play to you and Good Fortune. (This Post sounds cold, but I do really mean it! Really!)

• Really really really no need to apologise, again :')

I suppose it's true I don't have a stable home however I feel I do. I've been in less stable situations and been healthier so I think it's more about London and how I never get a rest from the concrete world or concrete people. I'm very lucky in where I live that most of the time it feels like a sanctuary in London but it's like it's not enough of a sanctuary to allow me to be able to handle being in London. 

Thanks and I don't think it sounds cold so don't worry Slight smile

• Really really really no need to apologise, again :')

I suppose it's true I don't have a stable home however I feel I do. I've been in less stable situations and been healthier so I think it's more about London and how I never get a rest from the concrete world or concrete people. I'm very lucky in where I live that most of the time it feels like a sanctuary in London but it's like it's not enough of a sanctuary to allow me to be able to handle being in London. 

Thanks and I don't think it sounds cold so don't worry Slight smile

Children
  • Um... Greetings again. I think this is my last about this, unless someone (anyone else) starts a Thread about London. (I once started a Thread about Public Transport, but it, surprisingly, was not very popular (!))...

If you can, get out of London. (The Suburbs are quieter, though.) I can understand how, as you answered my initial curiosity, London can be a very rich, wasteful, and superficial place... yes indeed. Yet it is noisy, crowdy, polluted... If I had the money, I would leave, and I could never do what you do, for I am allergic to more than half of everything here. If you wonder about Anxiety being linked to here, then that is certainly a YES from myself.

...London is a great place - but I would not want to live here...(!)