Public Transport...

...and "LAMe" Behaviour.

This Thread is about what it says, there. Lighthearted, funny, serious, eerie, strange... any stories, experiences, events, queries...
- "Public" - I use as a word to make this Thread easier to find in the "Related" section.
- "LAMe Behaviour" - is my own Term (so far). It stands for: "LOOK AT ME!! Behaviour", which, if you check my UserName (DC), this occurs to myself... A LOT.

Glad Tidings to all. I have Aspergers's Syndrome (AS). Using this system which is largely run and used by NTs, of course...

Parents
  • My most astounding experiences as follows:

1) the girl who got on the tube wearing flip-flops, took a pair of nail clippers out of her bag and started clipping her toe-nails in the train ...all the people in the carriage started shouting at her but she really couldn't see what the problem was!

2) the large and very sweaty gentleman who got onto the train in high summer, and sat down opposite me. He then took out a packet of tissues and proceeded to give himself something like a sponge bath ..... down the front of his shirt and everything. Then in case that wasn't disgusting enough, he grabbed all of the tissues and threw them in a sweaty ball on the seat opposite him. I really wanted to move, but by then there were no seats left, so I would have had to stand all the way. Yuk

and my sister once had a drunk man throw up on her shoes.

Don't you love public transport??

• Well,.   I still love public transport.  Even after the coach holiday where the man two seats in front of me was obviously not very hygienic.  He smelt like he hadn't changed his trousers or underpants for weeks or bathed.  And nobody said a word to him about it.  English society is so polite and reserved.  8 hours on a coach with him was the limit.

• Wow, I am amazed you could stand it for 8 hours!

• I like your use of the word "thingy". "Thingy"s are very useful during the summer, when a bus/train journey lasts for more than an hour.

...Concerning the smelly person... as you know, he must have paid money, and so "dirty money" is as good as anyone else's, in current Society...

The only time a smelly person is removed, here in London, is when the stench is so overpowering that even the Driver cannot stand it. (!)

• 8 hours with a couple of breaks and air blowing down from thingy.  That helped.

What made the situation worse was that this was an organised coach tour with visits to various attractions.  And this gentleman smelt the same throughout the whole holiday and the return journey.  Dragon face

• 8 hours with a couple of breaks and air blowing down from thingy.  That helped.

What made the situation worse was that this was an organised coach tour with visits to various attractions.  And this gentleman smelt the same throughout the whole holiday and the return journey.  Dragon face

Children
  • I like your use of the word "thingy". "Thingy"s are very useful during the summer, when a bus/train journey lasts for more than an hour.

...Concerning the smelly person... as you know, he must have paid money, and so "dirty money" is as good as anyone else's, in current Society...

The only time a smelly person is removed, here in London, is when the stench is so overpowering that even the Driver cannot stand it. (!)