Difficult to write this

Hi everyone. (Sorry to bring the mood down) Most of you know I posted another thread about a housing situation which I obviously doing really well with. Now I have a completely different situation and I need advice on how to cope. My mum died last night erm as you can obviously understand the family are in complete shock (as well as me) I've had some challenges before but this is the ultimate challenge. How do I deal with this? 

Parents
  • My condolences.

I've found that I deal with death of relatives in a logical way. I was good at organising collecting death certificates, talking to the Undertakers, arranging (and even in one case, writing) the funeral, then in my mums case emptying her flat.

I felt that I was being useful and helpful, and doing so was a good way of occupying myself, and at the same time of great use and comfort to those surrounding me.  This has been the case with both expected and unexpected deaths. 

Emotions do surface, but I've found them emerging some time after the death.  That's not to say that I wasn't sad at the time, though.

• My condolences.

I've found that I deal with death of relatives in a logical way. I was good at organising collecting death certificates, talking to the Undertakers, arranging (and even in one case, writing) the funeral, then in my mums case emptying her flat.

I felt that I was being useful and helpful, and doing so was a good way of occupying myself, and at the same time of great use and comfort to those surrounding me.  This has been the case with both expected and unexpected deaths. 

Emotions do surface, but I've found them emerging some time after the death.  That's not to say that I wasn't sad at the time, though.

Children
No Data