Shopping (again)

I always thought special offers were supposed to be optional? Today I was out walking in the countryside maintaining some of my geocaches, and popped into a foreign Tescos (ie not my usual one) for a sandwich and a drink on the way home. That’s all I wanted, a sandwich and a drink. The woman behind the counter became quite insistent that I buy a bag of crisps as well to make it a meal deal that she confused me and I ended up walking out of the shop, having not bought anything. Why couldn’t she just sell me what I wanted?

Parents
  • I had a similar experience a while ago when I wanted one item and there was a two-for-one offer. When I declined the second item the assistant just kept repeating herself until I used a firmer tone to say no thank you.

Whilst two-for-one offers, and those described by , can be of benefit, they do also encourage unnecessary consumption. Unnecessary shopping (not just food shopping) is not good for the environment.

The British level of consumption requires approximately three Earths.

• I had a similar experience a while ago when I wanted one item and there was a two-for-one offer. When I declined the second item the assistant just kept repeating herself until I used a firmer tone to say no thank you.

Whilst two-for-one offers, and those described by , can be of benefit, they do also encourage unnecessary consumption. Unnecessary shopping (not just food shopping) is not good for the environment.

The British level of consumption requires approximately three Earths.

Children
No Data