Christmas Day shout out!

Well...Christmas will soon is upon us...... I have a house full of people (5/6 Christmas Eve, Christmas Day...increasing to 8/9 Boxing Day and the 27th December).

I am dreading it as it will mean several days without any personal space, or quiet time or escape from NTs doing their thing. They will enjoy their traditions and I will be ASD serving wench making sure that everyone has a good time, but inside i will be struggling to cope.

This is a shout out...as I am going to need some help to get me through without a tantrum, shutdown or meltdown.

Is there anyone else about during the Christmas break who is planning to be online ......it would help a great deal to keep me on an even keel!

thank you

Ellie

• Well thank you for noticing' it is a silly thing I sometimes do! i have extreme difficulty in that my memory doesn’t function quite as good as it should, I find leaving little pointers about sometimes helps.

So I could never remember even for a short time period how many V-iews or how many R-eplies were recorded as I finish this reply,

Thank you for seeing my memory,shhh don’t tell every one!,,,,our little secret,,,ok

r 195

v 870.

Lol shhhh!

• 065 115 116 111 110 105 115 104 101 100 032 068 101 101 112 084 104 111 117 103 104 116 033 032 067 114 105 107 101 121 032

073 032 097 109 032 105 110 032 116 111 116 097 108 032 097 103 114 101 101 109 101 110 116 032 119 105 116 104 032 121 111 117 114 032 115 101 110 116 105 109 101 110 116 046 115 117 099 104 032 116 105 109 101 032 097 110 100 032 099 111 110 115 105 100 101 114 097 116 105 111 110 032 116 097 107 101 110 032 116 111 032 114 101 115 112 111 110 100 032 116 111 032 109 101 046 097 119 101 115 111 109 101 046

Or put simply,Awesome DT.

• What's with the r and v counts?

• Lonewarrior wrote:

unlike you some of us do have to get a small amount of sleep. I bid you well,,,,don’t spend all night replying Lol.xxx

Well morning is my night and to rest or sleep I now take my flight, and I hope one and all slept nice and tight and verily enjoyed their inner light. Anon (X)

• DeepThought wrote

Getting what is in my mind out of my minds in an orderly written fashion is rather a timely affair it seems more generally, what with most of the problems being how to keep it to a minimum extent, spelling it all correctly, and not tapping the wrong keys or buttons and ending up in various confusions involving computer operations

I can be a martyr to over thinking and a desire to explain often more than is essential, also Order and correctness are paramount and my level of both is shall I say equally in my mind as yours but physically and observationally less. When each are considered then trying to exhist in a super fast technological arena is quite often overwhelming, I am quite often left in pondering a response and to give due consideration when all has moved on to a new arena.

Take care DeepThought.

May I suggest after much thought and consideration for you and deliberation with my inner sense of caring that consideration is given to resting your minds?

Thank you for keeping me company earlier when it seemed all had departed to an unseen galaxy of vacuum and exhistance I like to call irregullum prime 3” which as you know is second only to  divergium spectra prime.

x

• 065 115 116 111 110 105 115 104 101 100 032 068 101 101 112 084 104 111 117 103 104 116 033 032 067 114 105 107 101 121 032

• Lonewarrior wrote:

Thank you DeepThought I enjoyed your reply, you have an amazing ability to take one on a fantastical journey, I look forward to replying in more depth, I haven’t sufficient time right now,I will though as I find your mind intriguing,

Literally a pleasure Lonewarrior, I am glad you enjoyed it.

Lonewarrior wrote:

It must have took you 1:39 minutes to type start to finish!

Getting what is in my mind out of my minds in an orderly written fashion is rather a timely affair it seems more generally, what with most of the problems being how to keep it to a minimum extent, spelling it all correctly, and not tapping the wrong keys or buttons and ending up in various confusions involving computer operations. Rolling eyes

• Lonewarrior wrote:

076 111 108 046.

Smiley In amazed smiley astonishment am I ~ a four-state three-digit interstellar and quantum vector beam coding 'shed-console' user, again ~ in amazed smiley astonishment am I, wow! Smiley

• unlike you some of us do have to get a small amount of sleep. I bid you well,,,,don’t spend all night replying Lol.xxx

r 188

v 831

• Thank you DeepThought I enjoyed your reply, you have an amazing ability to take one on a fantastical journey, I look forward to replying in more depth, I haven’t sufficient time right now,I will though as I find your mind intriguing,

It must have took you 1:39 minutes to type start to finish!

xxx

• Lonewarrior wrote:

Hi DP I like your humour,And would like to take up the offer thanks for some of those “puffed corn cheesy delights” Could I ask you put some in separate little Tupperware containers as I don’t like the idea of sharing, a bit like the nuts on the bar type thing! Who knows what might be on them Lol..I mean who washes there hands  ha ha.I imagine four containers would be sufficient unless the demand is there.yum yum yum, Just beam them over in the virtual matter transporter.

Well as far as the pee-nuts thing goes ~ yucky-yuck-yuck, n-o-t 'a' c-h-a-n-c-e! Persevere

Fret not one bit about that terror of terrors, as firstly Elephant-in-the-room gave me the super sized extra large ASD community pack of seasonal flavoured wotsits ~ i.e. the one with large sized packs of infinitely divergent flavours in it. Yum

And secondly, aspie powers on ~ I put each one instantaneously in each one of the infinite Tupperware containers of my infinite Tupperware serving bowl ~ so your request was already granted and well catered for before you even thought to ask, all big and seasonal magic and transportational sparkly beamings and so fourth from both Elephant-in-the-room, and I. (X) Hugging

Lonewarrior wrote:

Oh and the shed is warm and I have been escaping there all day, The virtual guests are hardly noticeable Lol.

Did you say you were coming?

Oops ~ done it again! Aspergian galactic hitch-hiker social error Earth count: 9000, 0000, 0000, 0000, 0000, 0000, 0000, 7943, 4709, 3420, 3457, 6200, 3200 and 0042 ~ failing again to confirm attendance, and without even the slightest nanite of reserve ~ unashamedly using seasonally flavoured Wotsits to bribe entrance into social gatherings in sheds. Wink

Nerd Post Script:

Just as an additional holiday tip though, as somewhere to virtually or actually go (as an Aspergian galactic hitch-hiker that is) is Irregullum Prime 3 (or "I-P-3" for short), being that social error scores are fundamentally and absolutely impossible on that planet ~ for irregularity is just standard and accepted social procedure there.

In order to get to I-P-3, you have to get completely lost at some point after taking the wrong vector beam; sometime after what turns out not to be Alpha Century. The more confused you are about the directions ~ the sooner you will get there if your not already actually there, and just virtually here on Earth, or actually any where else even.

Otherwise of course, just make yourself slightly dizzy and type any three-digit code other than Irregullum Prime's on your shed to shed transporter console, and you'll be right there. It really is worth a visit ~ I-P-3 is not called the second most heavenly Autopia after Divergium Spectra Prime for nothing you know. Nerd

• Deepthought is typing a reply,,,

• I can only suggest you adopt an avoidance strategy: type your content into Apple Notes (or equivalent) and then paste the text into the forum... clunky, but better than losing a long post.

I second this, because this is what I do (and said upon another Thread)... because the Reply Box is very tiny upon my EReader. Greetings again.

• Oh, and thank you for the well-wishes. I hope ġéol / Mōdraniht similarly finds you well. 

• Mmm...bit of a wild guess, but have the day's updates consumed your broadband quota for the month?

If so and your provider has started penalising with increased latency, perhaps that could explain the issues you're reporting. 

It would however also imply that the designers of the forum had naive expectations re: performance of user connectivity. (A bit like all these phone apps that naively assume everywhere in the world has a constant 4G signal...). 

Like you, I experience a lot of grief trying to interact with the mobile version of this site. 

I can only suggest you adopt an avoidance strategy: type your content into Apple Notes (or equivalent) and then paste the text into the forum... clunky, but better than losing a long post.

• Hello DongFeng5 I am using an iPad tablet! I think the issue is here at home, there is a constant “you have logged off”  “attempting to log in” going on. My daughter had a new laptop bought for her today, it needed to update, it has been doing that for many hours, at 99% right now, so I think it is streaming a lot of data? This site has a lot of issues, posting pictures is random,the file size doesn’t make much difference, file extension warnings? But there are many alllowed and jpg as well as others are on my pictures,

thank you for that suggestion, very irritating when time and effort is used and it all vanished, 

take care and I hope your holiday period is ok for you. ()

• If you are on a desktop rather than mobile, there's a "recover lost content" option...

• Ah well DC my turn to be too literal!  The main thing is we have found one another to talk to over the fortnight ; it starts with the build up, then the holidays and then settling again afterwards. It does help a little bit to know that but wish there was more joy than anxiety as we constantly try to do things right with others or be resolute  by ourselves. 

• Nice to know there is somewhere safe to go. Thank you xx