Motor problems in autism persist into adulthood

https://spectrumnews.org/news/motor-problems-autism-persist-adulthood/

My wife used to comment on my gait/the way I walk. I have a tendency to veer from side to side as though a little drunk. Have never had good balance and coordination.

Parents
  • it's called Dyspraxia. Good websites for it. You can't be diagnosed with it if you're diagnosed with autism because it's considered a subset of autism because most but not all people with autism have it. Good news is the online forums and websites will accept you as a member without a diagnosis because of this. Lots of help and advice on them.

If you notice weakness or change or increased balance problems you should seek medical help, because these can be symptoms of medical problems, including severe ones like MS and mini-stroke as well as mild ones like inner ear infection or vertigo (medically mild if hideous).

• it's called Dyspraxia. Good websites for it. You can't be diagnosed with it if you're diagnosed with autism because it's considered a subset of autism because most but not all people with autism have it. Good news is the online forums and websites will accept you as a member without a diagnosis because of this. Lots of help and advice on them.

If you notice weakness or change or increased balance problems you should seek medical help, because these can be symptoms of medical problems, including severe ones like MS and mini-stroke as well as mild ones like inner ear infection or vertigo (medically mild if hideous).

Children
No Data