Left a company after 23 years I love and isn't bad. How can I help others??

Hi

This week I left what I believe to be a great company as I've worked for them for seventeen years full time and twenty-three years part-time. I left 'mutually' but have left good staff behind with an antagonist working amongst them and other issues which aren't the company but people related.

I'm having an extremely bad day emotionally and haven't left my duvet. Whilst looking at my four walls of my bedroom I'm thinking of those I have left behind but also what I can do to help others. My hands are tied due to me leaving 'mutually' but there must be loopholes so I can help mainly other people. I believe in helping others and have real difficulty in looking after myself and in a way helping others does help me if that makes sense. 

Parents
  • move on, it's not your problem any more.

I left my old work place on my own accord and no matter how much the guy who was left working there was bitching about ex-boss, he's still there, because he's got bills to pay.

Do stuff for you. thats within your sphere of influence. sometime other people cant be helped. 

• Guess this is the thing that is not easy or perhaps near impossible for some, to watch things going wrong and see others suffereing and just keeping quiet about it (which is different from genuinely accepting them). I can see myself a lot in addlestones' comments, I did this more while I was working in that place, but it was just as unwelcome. There were things the whole group was complaining about to each other, some of those issues really upset them, so it was clearly not me seeing a problem that doesn't exist. When someone had been treated unfairly I just couldn't do anything else than telling the people who did that about my opinion and how I thought it may be fairer - this reflected what many of my colleagues thought. But when they were asked by HR everything was just perfect, there couldn't be a better boss (the one several had been in tears about a few days earlier, or were signed off sick for). But if the same happened again I would do the same stupid thing again because I'll think again that it's going to be different this time, not because I believe everybody wants to get rid of that person that treats others badly but because I'm convinced that something can be changed and then everybody would be happier (that's another thing others don't seem to understand). To be told that someone being treated badly isn't my problem didn't help at all (I got to hear that from a few people, including the union rep). It's as if someone suggested that watching someone getting lashed isn't my problem. 

If you have the choice to stay or leave and can make the decision based on your financial situation etc., that's quite a luxury.

• Guess this is the thing that is not easy or perhaps near impossible for some, to watch things going wrong and see others suffereing and just keeping quiet about it (which is different from genuinely accepting them). I can see myself a lot in addlestones' comments, I did this more while I was working in that place, but it was just as unwelcome. There were things the whole group was complaining about to each other, some of those issues really upset them, so it was clearly not me seeing a problem that doesn't exist. When someone had been treated unfairly I just couldn't do anything else than telling the people who did that about my opinion and how I thought it may be fairer - this reflected what many of my colleagues thought. But when they were asked by HR everything was just perfect, there couldn't be a better boss (the one several had been in tears about a few days earlier, or were signed off sick for). But if the same happened again I would do the same stupid thing again because I'll think again that it's going to be different this time, not because I believe everybody wants to get rid of that person that treats others badly but because I'm convinced that something can be changed and then everybody would be happier (that's another thing others don't seem to understand). To be told that someone being treated badly isn't my problem didn't help at all (I got to hear that from a few people, including the union rep). It's as if someone suggested that watching someone getting lashed isn't my problem. 

If you have the choice to stay or leave and can make the decision based on your financial situation etc., that's quite a luxury.

Children
No Data