Ideas for daughters "job" in school

My daughter has a "job" in school. For part of her YOT program she needs to give something back to the community. So she achieves this, she is working with the school being their events planner. Her event to plan is the school's End of Term Reward. The tasks given are: 

• Make list of ideas for EOT Activities
  • Create options booklet for students (include travel time, brief description, picture) 
  •  Create Crisis Cards for students 
  • Create ‘I have Autism’ Cards for students
  • Create Activity Packs (map, list of rides if needed, now & next board) 
  • Find car activities for all levels 
  • Create checklist for different activities (swimsuit, suncream, towel, sensory tools, schedule…)

She has done the list of activities and the school will decide if they can be approved or not and will get back to her next week. She has completed pretty much all tasks but the checklists. 

1. She is asking if anyone has any ideas on activities to do in the car (she has wordsearches, matching, bingo, car eye spy, finish the pattern, find the odd one out, etc.). Are there anymore games or activities that you can think of? She likes a range for the students. She calls the students "her kiddos" and wants the best for them and is really thinking and putting a lot of effort into this.

2. Also what to include of the crisis cards. She has the basic core feelings (happy, sad, angry, excited, tired, bored, scared) and needs (drink, snack, toilet, leave, blanket, ear defenders, sensory tools). Also cards saying it is too bright, too noisy, too busy. Is there anything else you think can be added? 

I am thinking she should get a job or side job doing this because she is absolutely amazing at these and her work looks so professional. If anyone would like any visuals, car activity packs, crisis cards, schedules, social stories made, please let me know because she would love to do this for a small fee. 

Thanks, 

Lucy

Parents
  • Two games we used to play in the car were, colours of cars rather than types and see who gets to ten first of their colour. Another one was pub cricket, there are variations on that but basically two people play each having a side of the road and for everything on a pub sign that has legs you count the number and see who ends up with most.

• Two games we used to play in the car were, colours of cars rather than types and see who gets to ten first of their colour. Another one was pub cricket, there are variations on that but basically two people play each having a side of the road and for everything on a pub sign that has legs you count the number and see who ends up with most.

Children