Diagnostic advice

Hi everyone,

I’m awaiting diagnostic confirmation for my 15-year-old daughter, who my ex-partner is convinced meets the criteria. I was wondering whether anyone in this community could offer any thoughts, given what we know so far, listed below.

She scored 17 out of 50 on the AQ.

She scored close to but below the threshold on the CAT-Q masking questionnaire.

In the developmental history interview, there were no concerns about social/relationships prior to the age of nine. All social issues have emerged – and become progressively worse – since nine/ten. She is also experiencing unwanted, OCD-like repetitive behaviours. She has toe-walked since infancy. 

My daughter began to experience trauma within her maternal family from the age of eight, which has continued ever since. Her mother’s mental health has been poor, her mother has struggled with alcoholism, her mother had a messy break-up with my daughter’s step-father, and my daughter has suffered emotional abuse from her mum, particularly when drunk. Because of consequent attachment issues, the lead assessor has completed the Coventry Grid, in which my daughter scored eight for autism and 18 for attachment. 

We shared 20 videos from when my daughter was aged between one and six. One member of the diagnostic team ‘marked’ these videos, making comments such as ‘age-appropriate communication’, ‘enjoying playing with parent’, age-appropriate play’, ‘age-appropriate gestures’, and so on.

Although i don’t know the exact score, I am advised that she scored high on the ADOS. No surprise, given the difficulties with eye contact that have emerged in recent times.

My daughter experiences generalised anxiety, depressive symptoms, OCD-like symptoms, has become socially isolated (having had lots of friends at infant school), and has not attended school for the past twelve months. 

Any diagnostic thoughts welcome!

Parents Reply Children
No Data