Urgent - getting more violent now - 14 year old son

3rd time in about 6 months now. This time he really went for it.

First two times hes thrown things at me - albeit 2nd time a large battery.

This time he decided to dig me in the stomach because he didnt agree with me telling him off for something. We went outside and I did grab him and tell him to cut it out (probably not best idea thinking about). But then he started swinging, hit me a few times cut my lip etc.

One thing I didnt hit him back although I felt like it.

Really don't know what to do. I could have phoned the police I guess and got him taken to the cells (this is what CAMHS are telling us to do).

Dont know what to do. For now, we;ve removed his PC, his mobile, his bedroom door.

Hes all sorry but this is not the first time. With a wife whos smaller than him and a 4 year old sister (hes lost his temper with her in the past) I just dont know what to do.

Parents
  • Hiya I'm new to this but have a similar situation in that my son is 16 and camhs also told me to ring the police or a&e... I can' do either as I feel I couldn' get my son charged he' my son. The social workers advice is to put him in care and I can' do thst either. It' hard breaking. When did your son get diagnosed.. my son only got diagnosed in March so I'm trying to adapt but it' hard.

• With you on that one. I just want it to stop NOT to punish my son. Im dubious as 

1. The police are going to look at me clueless.

2. Its going to make things worse.

As for A&E tried that one. They have an oncall psych for adults but not for kids. Basically sent him home with us.

Son diagnosed OCD about a year ago. STILL waiting for proper asperers diagnosi.

• Sounds like I'm at the start of what you're going through. How do u personally not let it affect u mentally and physically? My son just doesn't see that I'm upset and just moves on but expects me to do the same. 

Do u go to any groups? I thought speaking to other parents may help me to get better at this.

• Hi Marie - see my latest post. We really are at the edge now. Tonight my wife shouted at him that she hates him and wants him gone. I can see her point to be honest...

Just don;t know what to do.

How'd u get a social worker on board? Did you ring social services?

• Yes I've found same... trying to get him help but also getting him to the help is a struggle. For me as soon as we got the diagnosis they left me to cope... the social worker is good though and there's one guy at camhs that cares but that's it. How do u cope with schooling? 

I'm Marie btw hi Paul... 

• Yes I've found same... trying to get him help but also getting him to the help is a struggle. For me as soon as we got the diagnosis they left me to cope... the social worker is good though and there's one guy at camhs that cares but that's it. How do u cope with schooling? 

I'm Marie btw hi Paul... 

Children
  • Hi Marie - see my latest post. We really are at the edge now. Tonight my wife shouted at him that she hates him and wants him gone. I can see her point to be honest...

Just don;t know what to do.

How'd u get a social worker on board? Did you ring social services?