Daughter doesn’t like me

My daughter is 14 and has high functioning  ASD. I feel quite deflated at the moment as she often puts me down and says quite mean things to me and if I challenge her on it she  says that I am being

horrible to her and gets upset.  She told me that  our personality’s are to different and  that I have a bad attitude and that she doesn’t like me.  I literally tiptoe around her and will do anything to make her happy. I show her so much love and attention but I’m worried that she will always feel this way regardless . Has anyone else experienced this?

Parents
  • I struggled with my mum a lot at that age. I really couldn't cope with her being in my space and asking questions. I would get quite angry with her. A lot of the problem was to do with not being able to really show how I feel so I put up a wall between us. My relationship with my mum has massively improved during my adult years. We still have our moments occasionally but loads better than in my teenage years.

• I struggled with my mum a lot at that age. I really couldn't cope with her being in my space and asking questions. I would get quite angry with her. A lot of the problem was to do with not being able to really show how I feel so I put up a wall between us. My relationship with my mum has massively improved during my adult years. We still have our moments occasionally but loads better than in my teenage years.

Children