intelligence

does anyone else feel this because i feel like out of anyone i know that i'm the dumbest and that i can never be as smart as everyone else and that i won't be able to get a good career because of this. i just feel like my IQ doesn't measure up to others.

Parents
  • I feel I am the opposite end of the spectrum and I'm the smartest person I know and I have not been able to get a good career because of this (or rather I got one but was not able to hold onto it) although that may have been because I am 52 and I was only diagnosed two years ago.

Concentrate on your strengths. I don't have my autism paperwork on me but I am willing to bet if you are on the opposite end of the spectrum that you are e.g. way more creative than I am - I am not creative at all.

You need to find something that plays to your strengths instead of worrying about your weaknesses.

• I feel I am the opposite end of the spectrum and I'm the smartest person I know and I have not been able to get a good career because of this (or rather I got one but was not able to hold onto it) although that may have been because I am 52 and I was only diagnosed two years ago.

Concentrate on your strengths. I don't have my autism paperwork on me but I am willing to bet if you are on the opposite end of the spectrum that you are e.g. way more creative than I am - I am not creative at all.

You need to find something that plays to your strengths instead of worrying about your weaknesses.

Children
No Data