Dreams.

Hi all haven't posted any new threads for a while now.I have to have energy and enthusiasm.both have been in short supply recently.

I was wondering about dreams? I dream like most,some happy some sad but some very exact and so precise that when I wake up I can remember the tiniest detail,it feels so very real.

I used to have what I suppose would be classed as a nitemare.I was very young and it involves me walking down a never ending corridor,quite cold and very loud and echoes every little sound but amplified. I am walking along the corridor not knowing why when the whole corridor starts to shrink! The more I go on the smaller it gets,my speed increases until I am going so fast everything blurs, eventually I get so squashed it is frightening,the speed is still increasing,the pressure has made me the size of a pin head,and still it continues,suddenly I wake up shaking and sweating.

Now one possible link could be that when I was very young my granny was ill and was taken to hospital.mum and her sisters visited her and I was sat in the corridor with an auntie and uncle,I remember the very strong smell of vending machine coffee! Very sweet and sickly,I remember the loud sound of footsteps as people walked to and from, I also remember them all crying as gran had passed on,I didn't know that then but saw them all comforting each other and crying. Children were shielded from such things back then,we weren't allowed at funerals,very little was said about anything,

I don't have that dream now but it was ever present when I was younger.

So not looking to validate this dream or connect it to my autism. Just me trying to jog that memory chip in my head. I find actually putting my thoughts in written form very therapeutic,I also remember written words more that spoken words or thoughts.

Dyslexia playing it's part? Different connection between visual and mechanical memory,even my letters have to be in capitals as each letter is then a single entity,a picture,not an ever changing letter that swirls one way or another to join before or after another letter.

thanks for reading,for those who do have a hug take this"Hug" and for those who don't take care and be happy.

Parents
  • Dreams!!!

My late mother was a great believer in dream interpretation.  For thirty years she had a 600 page book beside her bed, so she could read it as soon as she woke up.

I also have nightmares, some are continuing over years.  And repeating themselves.

In one I'm always trying to find the right door I'm a large office building.  In another I'm coming home from school and the journey is very long.

Often I know it's a dream while I'm having it.

• Your mum was right. Some experiences we have are too scary to process whilst we are awake, so you get an acceptable version whilst you are asleep. Also I  believe that we inherit more than our looks, colour eyes and hair from our parents. In dreams I have seen the d-day landings 1st hand, my dad was there, very scary. Nothing will hurt you though it is just us mulling life over.

• I actually found her dream interpretation book very useful.  Once by reading it, I managed to prevent one of it's predictions coming true.

I had a dream about family death and funerals (all mixed up).  And I remembered from somewhere that dreams often predict the opposite.  So death means life. Maybe someone in the family was pregnant!

I consulted her book in detail and it predicted, arguments, gossip and strife in the family. And I realised that if I had followed my gut and tried to discover who was pregnant, then there would have been arguments about me spreading gossip.

• here is my latest one for you. I am a church goer and been very unhappy at the church I have attended for 4 years or so and so decided to leave and look for somewhere else to go instead. Reading an article in The Spectator magazine I come across a very interesting article about the beliefs held by our now generation. Young adults in the majority do not attend any church BUT christian teachings are still very much high in their thoughts as regards a moral code. I got to thinking that a lot of what goes on in churches is irrelevant to young people. I read further into the artical. The writer did a survey of young adult and what came to light is that many of them knew about the miricles Jesus performed and also the parables he told. Stories like The Good Shepherd, The Good Samaritan, Turning Water into Wine and so on. I researched my Bible. The parables are reported by four different people and so there are multiple verions of each. When I tried to make a list of them I got very confused. I decided that (only because it is a church nearby) that I would go to trinity church. It went very well I was made to feel very welcome. It got to the point where they give a sermon. I was spellbound. The sermon was about the parables that Jesus had told and focussed on one particular one. The feeding of the Five Thousand. It was harvest weekend. After the service I went for a chat with the speaker. In his hands he held a book. Understanding The Parables. I asked if I could look at it and inside was a list of them all and composite versions of each one. The job I had got confused about had all been done for me and delivered to me by a guy I didnt know in a church I had never been to before. How cool is that? I dont know if this is de-je-vu or if someone is trying to tell me something. I think I found the new church to belong to though, there is some sort of connection as there are too many coincidences here. What do you reckon??

• Hi yes I get the de je vu thing a lot,kind of nice feeling when you are somewhere that feels familiar.My boss says"have you been talking about anything lately as we could do with more work". I might randomly start talking about a job I did twenty years ago and within a day or so we get a call to price work there? I wish I knew when my reminiscing was about to actually cause a re visit.

I no longer get the long corridor dream! I do have a current one that seems to be building towards something,always starts exactly the same,minute detail every time but wake up before any conclusion.very very complex dream, no nitemares just specific things.

Enjoying your recounts,

• Strangely or not, I believe in premonitions to. I get very strong feelings of de-je-vu at times. I sit in places and am instantly comfortable because I have been there before! Even though I actually haven’t. I went to my first meeting of a new group of people in Hull. No nerves, I have been in the room before although the week before I did not even know the existence of Hull’s oldest Pub ‘ye olde white heart’. From meeting one I have felt I belong there, now how very strange is that?? The group is based around meditation. Something I have never done before. I lost my way a bit in life and I can honestly say this group of wonderful people have steered me back to a place that I want to be. I am planning a weekend retreat at a Budhist centre about 20 miles from where I live. Some beliefs they have are very strange but I feel more open minded now and am quite willing to contemplate things that I don’t understand... yet.

also since reading your post I have had a dream in which I travel down a winding tunnel, I emerge from it and there is a person waiting for me. However all he \ she does is point out the entry to another tunnel and I go winding my way down that one... and guess what? The same thing happens again and again. It stopped when I woke up to go for a wee and has not been back since. Made me think is this your experience? And have you somehow shared it with me... or are we just finding what we look for? Food for thought eh?

• Hi palbus I have been reading the conversation and found it most interesting,The bit that really caught my eye was you saying the concept of time is to make people do things when the boss wants them to. My long held belief,I have no real belief in time,however living and working means I have to accept it and get on with life.

I have always struggled with time as in how long there is to do a certain job or when to be at work, I quite often turn up a minute or to late, my boss calls me "the doctor" as I prefer doctors hours.

I quite often have unknown premonitions,I will be talking about"we used to play in a field right byxxxxx when I was young" a day or so later we have an enquiry for a job there? It happens a lot when I reminisce about a job we did,next thing we are being asked to look at doing a job there.

pretty spooky,I am well known for it, This Friday past I was talking to a couple of old mates about how I used to enjoy being involved with bridge building, when I get back to our office my boss says" you are on that bridge job Monday" ,I have had nothing to do with that job but now I will be running it?

Anyway thanks all for contributing to my dreams post, chat about any subject I am happy just to see conversation.

• Hi palbus I have been reading the conversation and found it most interesting,The bit that really caught my eye was you saying the concept of time is to make people do things when the boss wants them to. My long held belief,I have no real belief in time,however living and working means I have to accept it and get on with life.

I have always struggled with time as in how long there is to do a certain job or when to be at work, I quite often turn up a minute or to late, my boss calls me "the doctor" as I prefer doctors hours.

I quite often have unknown premonitions,I will be talking about"we used to play in a field right byxxxxx when I was young" a day or so later we have an enquiry for a job there? It happens a lot when I reminisce about a job we did,next thing we are being asked to look at doing a job there.

pretty spooky,I am well known for it, This Friday past I was talking to a couple of old mates about how I used to enjoy being involved with bridge building, when I get back to our office my boss says" you are on that bridge job Monday" ,I have had nothing to do with that job but now I will be running it?

Anyway thanks all for contributing to my dreams post, chat about any subject I am happy just to see conversation.

Children
  • here is my latest one for you. I am a church goer and been very unhappy at the church I have attended for 4 years or so and so decided to leave and look for somewhere else to go instead. Reading an article in The Spectator magazine I come across a very interesting article about the beliefs held by our now generation. Young adults in the majority do not attend any church BUT christian teachings are still very much high in their thoughts as regards a moral code. I got to thinking that a lot of what goes on in churches is irrelevant to young people. I read further into the artical. The writer did a survey of young adult and what came to light is that many of them knew about the miricles Jesus performed and also the parables he told. Stories like The Good Shepherd, The Good Samaritan, Turning Water into Wine and so on. I researched my Bible. The parables are reported by four different people and so there are multiple verions of each. When I tried to make a list of them I got very confused. I decided that (only because it is a church nearby) that I would go to trinity church. It went very well I was made to feel very welcome. It got to the point where they give a sermon. I was spellbound. The sermon was about the parables that Jesus had told and focussed on one particular one. The feeding of the Five Thousand. It was harvest weekend. After the service I went for a chat with the speaker. In his hands he held a book. Understanding The Parables. I asked if I could look at it and inside was a list of them all and composite versions of each one. The job I had got confused about had all been done for me and delivered to me by a guy I didnt know in a church I had never been to before. How cool is that? I dont know if this is de-je-vu or if someone is trying to tell me something. I think I found the new church to belong to though, there is some sort of connection as there are too many coincidences here. What do you reckon??

• Hi yes I get the de je vu thing a lot,kind of nice feeling when you are somewhere that feels familiar.My boss says"have you been talking about anything lately as we could do with more work". I might randomly start talking about a job I did twenty years ago and within a day or so we get a call to price work there? I wish I knew when my reminiscing was about to actually cause a re visit.

I no longer get the long corridor dream! I do have a current one that seems to be building towards something,always starts exactly the same,minute detail every time but wake up before any conclusion.very very complex dream, no nitemares just specific things.

Enjoying your recounts,

• Strangely or not, I believe in premonitions to. I get very strong feelings of de-je-vu at times. I sit in places and am instantly comfortable because I have been there before! Even though I actually haven’t. I went to my first meeting of a new group of people in Hull. No nerves, I have been in the room before although the week before I did not even know the existence of Hull’s oldest Pub ‘ye olde white heart’. From meeting one I have felt I belong there, now how very strange is that?? The group is based around meditation. Something I have never done before. I lost my way a bit in life and I can honestly say this group of wonderful people have steered me back to a place that I want to be. I am planning a weekend retreat at a Budhist centre about 20 miles from where I live. Some beliefs they have are very strange but I feel more open minded now and am quite willing to contemplate things that I don’t understand... yet.

also since reading your post I have had a dream in which I travel down a winding tunnel, I emerge from it and there is a person waiting for me. However all he \ she does is point out the entry to another tunnel and I go winding my way down that one... and guess what? The same thing happens again and again. It stopped when I woke up to go for a wee and has not been back since. Made me think is this your experience? And have you somehow shared it with me... or are we just finding what we look for? Food for thought eh?