What's on your desk/table/work station?

Just a bit of fun...

In detail (what else?), what do you have on your desk - or wherever it is you sit to do your work?

Here goes for me:

* Pot of pens and pencils (seashore design on the pot)

* 'Wine-glass' tealight holder

* Tall carved wooden candle stick with candle, standing on crocheted doily

* Mini teddy bear wearing a jumper with a snowman design

* LED desk lamp

* Phones - landline and mobile (Sony Xperia)

* Photo of mum, aged about 20 Heart

* VW Campervan mug of coffee, on a rose-design coaster

* Headphones (JVC)

* Asus 27" monitor

* Microsoft mouse on recycled tyre mouse-mat (from the Alternative Technology Centre in Wales)

* TalkTalk internet router

* HP Envy 5540 all-in-one printer

* 2 memory sticks

* Gas lighter for candles

* Day-glo yellow highlighter pen

* Packet of salmon Dreamies treats for Daisy

* Microsoft keyboard (photo of Daisy on-screen)

* Shadows

...and here it is, minus the mobile - which I needed to take the photo!

• I tried the guitar in my 20's got some tunes going but eventually I gave my guitar to my niece she didn't keep it up either. I bought a recorder to help tune the guitar and because we were taught at primary school and My sister bought me a mouth organ but the recorder and mouth organ just sitting in their boxes on the get round to it list. But there are other musicians in the family mainly piano and viola 

• It's a joke!  Linoleum - lino.  I used to play on the lino.  Don't tell me I'm the only one who remembers what that is Hushed

• What sound does a linoleum make when you play it?

• Is that the piano you put music scrolls, then pedal and steel reads the notches of the scroll and it plays the piano? My godmother had one of those. My sister and I thought it was magic. 

• When I was a kid, I used to play on the linoleum...

• Ditto...my work bag....(seriously I have a screwdriver set in my bag...for laptop screw tightening!)...let's just call it a bag :) ...I don't do handbags, backbags, ...and grown out of armbands. Lol

• I don't have a handbag, but my rucksack seems to double as a shopping bag, toolbox, filing drawer, rubbish bin... Scream

• Sniffing, no not really, I was gluing some pics onto a decoupage  photoframe that I was making at Mind, a few years ago, I went back to collect it and some other artwork , tho much had been thrown out, including the glass and backing for the frame. I think mirror glass might be expensive, so what I might do is get a blackboard or some corkboard!!!! I know art and craft may not be my amongst my best abilities but was my artwork really crap? I did draw a cat and it actually looked like a cat!!!! 

• Spotty Tortoise said:
    Impressed with the harmonica, can't imagine how you'd know where you are!

To begin with I used my tongue to count the holes but that hurt and I later found out it is considered a bad habit. Once I stopped using my tongue I found the holes through trail and error and the more I practised the fewer errors I made.

It also helps to remember that your head should stay still and the harmonica should move.

• You're mum is stunning by the way 

• What's the glue stick for? ...already expecting a really literal response! Lol

• Computer keyboard and monitor, also speakers, printer,router

Make up

Mousemat

Coaster

Pens

Watches

a couple of ceramic teddy bears,

A pot with owls on

Calcium & magnesium capsules (a container of  them)

Glue stick

Royal British Legion wristbands

A wooden parrot toy on a pole (one of my stress busters)

A Spitfire (a RAFA badge not a full size aircraft!!!!

• Harsh!....and so it begins......

• Dare you do the big desktop reveal tomorrow...

next steps....

1. what's in your handbag?
    2. what's  in the ubititious kitchen clutter drawer....
    3. show me your sock drawer
    4. what is down the back of your sofa

you have been warned....

• Found desk top thread... just a few hours late! Mm what a lot of very tidy people you all are. I blush profusely to say my desk upstairs is much much more untidy than the delightful photo from Spotty Tortoise... If there is a surface anywhere it's usually full of clutter. My dining table has magazines, colouring stuff, electric reel, specs, etc on it, the table in the sitting room and some furniture has other stuff and as for my "office/library/craft room" erm it is stacked in every direction. And the bathroom too. I do more or less know where everything is though. I do have to fight the "if it's out I'll remember to use it" issue. It is worse than unusual because of the plumbing and plastering but it is continually a battle. And I am not as cluttered as I used to be. And the " if it's too tidy I feel uncomfortable " issue. But I am trying really hard not to be so cluttered because the mess and heaps and too much stuff makes it so hard to look after and keep clean and drives me a bit potty but so does tidy and immaculate. I don't think I even dare post a photo. In my office one wall is full of books. One wall has two chests of drawers stacked with further boxes on top all full of craft stuff and another set of shelves with books and stationary. Another wall has an old wash stand with a hand sewing machine on plus clutter. Then my desk is under the window with my stereo and turntable at one end. Then stationary. Then piles of files and admin. My poor laptop is on the floor in the sitting room but I mainly "work" on my phone. I don't think really tidy people would feel at ease! I like radio 4xtra, radio 4 and I do like some radio 6. I used to like iplayer radio so I could choose but object to having to register so cut off my own nose. Hope you're not all horrendously shocked! 

• Well I hope that means we'll see you more often....

i miss you Spotty when you're not about,....don't get lost in the carpet!! Lol

take care and glad the day has been positive...I've certainly enjoyed it...and Former Member  has lots  of thread updates to catch up with ...,

• Or maybe Bauhaus, 'Bella Lugosi's Dead', fantastic bassline, or some Cure... Definitely this place has cheered me up today, thanks all Slight smile

• jacqueline du pre...Elgar.....

Bach good too...

you do the low notes....And I hope you days has given you the high notes as welll