Always offered jobs/placements in call centres

Recently, I have come to the depressing conclusion, that this is all people that are supposed to help me into employment think that I am worth.

I have explained to my work coach, and other advisors, that I have already experienced this kind of work, against my will, and that it led me to have a near nervous breakdown. Yet, for some reason, this has fallen on deaf ears.

Parents
  • I hate job coaches.  I've been fortunate and only had to deal with them once in my life but dear God, they were patronising.  Some one one with fewer qualification experience than I have and with no knowledge of my sector or how to find jobs within it, constantly threatening to cease benefits it I didn;t apply for jobs she thought were appropriate (they weren't) in the way she thought I ought to be doing it.  

Mercifully, I did find the right job, doing it my way, before she really stressed me out.  She even sat  there scowling and finger waging as she talked to "clients" wearing raindeer horns at Christmas time, which I thought was very unprofessional and insensitive when half her "clients" might not be able to afford Christmas dinner.  Empathy is clearly not one of their job pre-requisites.  

• I hate job coaches.  I've been fortunate and only had to deal with them once in my life but dear God, they were patronising.  Some one one with fewer qualification experience than I have and with no knowledge of my sector or how to find jobs within it, constantly threatening to cease benefits it I didn;t apply for jobs she thought were appropriate (they weren't) in the way she thought I ought to be doing it.  

Mercifully, I did find the right job, doing it my way, before she really stressed me out.  She even sat  there scowling and finger waging as she talked to "clients" wearing raindeer horns at Christmas time, which I thought was very unprofessional and insensitive when half her "clients" might not be able to afford Christmas dinner.  Empathy is clearly not one of their job pre-requisites.  

Children
No Data