What could have been

Hi Folks,

Does anyone ever wonder what they would be like if they didn't have autism? More normal doesn't really count. I mean in a way I do because of the simple fact that I was mute for the first few years of my life and was unresponsive to many noises as a little baby. Then as I grew up the state of which I had autism effectively transitioned from moderate to mild. I know that autism is something that can never be completely removed (I still do many small things that add up to autism) but nowadays many people state when I inform them of my diagnosis "goodness, I'm so shocked" or "wow I never would have known". 

So initially to 90% of individuals, I come across as a mainstream pupil and individual yet deep down my nearest and dearest know this is not the case. Has anyone experienced the same sort of reactions and got some sort of experience with being treated like a "regular individual"? Alongside this, does anyone consider how different they would be if they didn't have autism? What could have been? We will never fully know but maybe we experience a bit of everything.

Kind regards

Stavratross

Parents Reply Children
No Data