Photo diary

Today on my walks I ended up in the village of Addingham.  A small prosperous place with a shop, several pubs and plenty of traditional cottages and posh new housing estates.

Cottages with what looks like a traditional telephone box.

But it is in fact one of the new free libraries that are springing up.  Where you can take a book and leave your own books 

The village church of course.

One of the people I spoke with.

Parks and cottages.

On the way home on this humid day, I took a bus which was full of people and it stank like a public toilet.

Parents
  • Sunday afternoon and I'm off on my walks again.  A lot going on.  First I visited a fete in a very posh district with millionaire homes.

Nice house if one can afford it.

A lot going on at the fete.  People dressed up.

Archery event.  Something i always wanted to try.

Also barbeques, bouncy castles etc etc.

I also visited the exclusive members only sports and social club in whose grounds the event was being held.  I had a good nose around the place.  This is significant for me because until a few years ago I had such anxiety problems that I was unable to even walk into ordinary pubs.  I suffered several panic attacks.

Then a long walk through the woods until I heard music.  I followed the sound and came across another event in a park.  A traditional Yorkshire brass band.

And another little free library.

I ended my trip by visiting a small local funfair in a local park.

• Archery event.  Something i always wanted to try.

Me, too. (Pictures Upvoted again!)

Reply Children
No Data