Self diagnosed as Autistic, 1-year for an NHS diagnosis...

I am an adult who is likely to be Autistic (high functioning with good communication skills (Asperger's.?), but the NHS body I have to deal with have told me that the full diagnosis will take 1-year (yes ONE YEAR.!).

So, anyway, is there any kind of consensus on which is the best online "self diagnosis tool" so I can get ahead of the curve and self diagnose with a much better degree of accuracy (and can be tone in the immediately near future).

First ever post here, so still trying to find my feet.

Thanks in advance for your help :D

• Thank you for your informed answer.

The 50 question AQ test sounds super familiar (sure I have done that twice).

As for the timescale, WOW, 1-year is good....!

And I quite agree that being "odd" has certainly not done me any favours over the decades (I am 39).

I will look into the costs of going Private after doing that test.

Kind regards :D

• The AQ test (the fifty question one) is considered to show a good possibility that you may be on the Autism Spectrum as it was devised by experts in Autism. It only takes about fifteen minutes to do.

I think other tools tend to show differing traits.

I think one year is on the median side for the waiting list so if that is the case you are doing well, many adults have to wait two or more  This is a bone of contention among many here who were not diagnosed as youngsters and have gone through their lives being thought of as ' odd'.  There are other alternatives such as a private diagnosis (which can cost anything it seems from about £300 to £2000 depending on the psychologist/psychiatrist.