How do you speak to people on here?

I'm not entirely sure how chat forums work, never having used one before, but I've recently been diagnosed with Aspergers and was hoping to speak to others about it. Is there a live group-chat facility somewhere here (or elsewhere) or are you just supposed to leave messages and check back for replies at a later date? 

Parents

• 'm not entirely sure how chat forums work, never having used one before, but I've recently been diagnosed with Aspergers and was hoping to speak to others about it. Is there a live group-chat facility somewhere here (or elsewhere) or are you just supposed to leave messages and check back for replies at a later date? 

It's a bit of both depending on how many people are on or off line at any given time, but generally most people get an answer on the same day or the next day depending on what's going on and all that. But anyway, welcome to the NAS community, and how are you finding being on the Aspergian extent of the diagnostic spectrum then?

I was really pleased about my diagnosis as it really solved the puzzle of me and my ways, and gave me the means to better manage them, so major bonus all in all as far I was concerned. Some are well confused about it all when they first post here, diagnosed or undiagnosed, and anxiety can be high, and it can also be a bit strange at first being normal with others who are similar or very much likewise.

Most importantly though, Autistic is the way here, so follow what comes naturally to you also ~ respecting the community rules and all that, and have a really good one ~ and many many more too.

Im new too. just like yourself

Hi Dave, welcome to the community just as much also.

Reply Children