suggestions please

Hello,

I volunteer with a nine year old and I need to engage her for two hours on weekends. Please give me suggestions on how I can do so, productively. Is there a good book I can use with suggestions and proper guidance ?

thanks 

Parents
  • Hi there,

Can you tell us more about this child?  Is she highly-autistic, or high-functioning?  How about communication?  Is she verbal, or does she exhibit challenging behaviour as a way of communicating?  Does she use communication tools (PECs, etc)?

• Hi there,

Can you tell us more about this child?  Is she highly-autistic, or high-functioning?  How about communication?  Is she verbal, or does she exhibit challenging behaviour as a way of communicating?  Does she use communication tools (PECs, etc)?

Children
  • This is the first time I am volunteering. I do not think she is highly autistic. She is not very verbal, I would like her to speak more, I feel this is possible if I can encourage her to talk more. . She does not exhibit challenging behavior, and I don't  think she needs communicating tools. I need ways to keep her occupied productively.

Thanks