We need to stop assuming/pressuming other people's ability to function and support needs.

Collectively as autists, and as a wider society. We need to stop assuming/pressuming other people's ability to function and support needs. Especially online. We are all strangers. Nobody here really knows what it is like to live our lives when we step away from the computer. What we tell people here is just snippets and the basis of absolutely nothing anyone else can say or prescribe with anything other than a faux qualification. Especially the assumption that someone's ability to communicate in a text based format means they do not go or are not in fact nonverbal irl, or has any bearing on the other areas of their life.

That's really it. That's the post.

Parents
  • I would like to add, is there a way to stop your moving GIF? I'd like to respond more with your posts but the constant fluttering and moving makes it quite difficult to read the posts :( I tend to avoid these as it creates some stress... x

• I would like to add, is there a way to stop your moving GIF? I'd like to respond more with your posts but the constant fluttering and moving makes it quite difficult to read the posts :( I tend to avoid these as it creates some stress... x

Children
No Data