Hi - new here :)

Have just discovered this forum and I’m so glad I have. I’ve thought for a while that I was maybe autistic. I finally booked to see a GP and had an appointment 2 days ago. I scored 10/10 on the AQ-10 form and have been put on the waiting list for an assessment.

I honestly have always thought I was weird. I didn’t feel like I fitted in at school, I had friends but lost most of them when I started college. I now have 1 good friend and find it really difficult to make new friends.

The thing I’m really struggling with though, is work. I started a new job 2 months ago and I feel completely out of my depth. I’ve had pretty much no training, and I’m being blamed for the mistakes I’m making.

Out of interest, if you work, what do you do? Is your workplace supportive? I am thinking of changing jobs as it doesn’t feel right to me, and wondered if there are places that would be more suited to me, as I struggle with over stimulation from lights/noise.

Thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • Out of interest, if you work, what do you do?

I'm always working, but I govern and control every aspect of it.  It keeps me both happy and poor that way.  I can cope with that compromise.  I work for myself, under my rules and requirements.

No "workplace" nor "job offer" could reasonably be able or willing to accommodate my peculiarities.

• Out of interest, if you work, what do you do?

I'm always working, but I govern and control every aspect of it.  It keeps me both happy and poor that way.  I can cope with that compromise.  I work for myself, under my rules and requirements.

No "workplace" nor "job offer" could reasonably be able or willing to accommodate my peculiarities.

Children
No Data