Violent videogames

So I sometimes find myself attracted to really violent videogames and I was wondering...is that bad?

Parents
  • If you aren't attracted to IRL violence, don't worry about it. Most people are attracted to violence but hate it in real life. The way news is presented is more likely to inspire violence in my opinion. All the news I watched this evening made me think that most people watching it must think the world is like a 1980's action film. Video games are a form of art. Most art has violent themes. Movies, paintings, songs, even ballet. I don't think people going to see a renaissance art exhibition or a Shakespeare play (which are very violent in some cases) are guilty of anything, so why should you be. Enjoy it and have fun. The media like to demonise games. It's just nonsense.

• If you aren't attracted to IRL violence, don't worry about it. Most people are attracted to violence but hate it in real life. The way news is presented is more likely to inspire violence in my opinion. All the news I watched this evening made me think that most people watching it must think the world is like a 1980's action film. Video games are a form of art. Most art has violent themes. Movies, paintings, songs, even ballet. I don't think people going to see a renaissance art exhibition or a Shakespeare play (which are very violent in some cases) are guilty of anything, so why should you be. Enjoy it and have fun. The media like to demonise games. It's just nonsense.

Children
No Data