Autistic

Im 49 year old man, just been diagnosed wirh autisum and im not sure how to deal with it. Just wanting to no how others deal or cope with being autistic. Thanks john

Parents
  • I have aspergers and got diagnosed 2 years ago. I'm 45 now. It was a relief to finally know and start to understand that it's ok to be me. I'm more relaxed now and it has helped my relationships with close family. I've chosen not to tell other people, so to most of the world I'm probably viewed as odd or a bit weird. But that's always been the case. I'm able to open up more about my anxieties to my partner and let her know when I'm not comfortable about things - in the past I tried to suppress things and it caused major anxiety and sadness.

I feel better equipped as I move into the next phase of life.

• I have aspergers and got diagnosed 2 years ago. I'm 45 now. It was a relief to finally know and start to understand that it's ok to be me. I'm more relaxed now and it has helped my relationships with close family. I've chosen not to tell other people, so to most of the world I'm probably viewed as odd or a bit weird. But that's always been the case. I'm able to open up more about my anxieties to my partner and let her know when I'm not comfortable about things - in the past I tried to suppress things and it caused major anxiety and sadness.

I feel better equipped as I move into the next phase of life.

Children
No Data