Help! Are there any women in this Community with ASD

Been good to hear from any adult ASD diagnosed women in this forum... or does anyone know any good sites for ASD women?

Hello out there......anyone???? 

Parents
  • Yes, hello, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and your post has brought me out of the woodwork!  Well, I say yes but that will depend on your attitude to self-diagnosis, I've been referred for assessment but it seems that could take a year which is a little distressing.

I spent a while reading musingsofanaspie now dormant blog, between the posts and the comments I found an awful lot of self recognition. It's a shame there isn't more activity here, though I have read some really interesting stuff. My head is still fried at the moment because a month ago it never would have occurred to me that I might be autistic but given all that I've read and those online tests, my life is explained.

I also think there are probably hundreds of us out here undiagnosed but suffering without knowing why.

• well I hope this reply is at the top of a very long but very useful thread. I don’t know how to create links so had to reply in order to bring it back in use, ten months ago it was started by an amazing person, It has 221 replies which are unfortunately a bit mixed in order, the forum had recently had a big change around and “ nested” or “ embedded” replies were pretty much unknown by most,,,we all struggled to reply in the right place, hence some replies appear in the wrong order.

I saw that Bardic poet had asked about females and The change in life mixed with ASD,,,this has many discussions relating to that specific topic. 

I hope that many others find useful information when reading through it. I also hope it shows how kind and supportive most who are Autistic really are. I had only just joined and at that time knew very few members and was still finding out wether I was autistic or not,,,Since that time I have no doubt what so ever I am . A massive thank you to so many on here that gave me help and support when I hit really low points during my journey looking for answers.we also had fantastic fun along the way.

The Three main people I speak of are...

ElephantInTheRoom, or Ellie.

missfit61, or missy as I called her,

spotty tortoise,our talented artist and musician.

without their support I hesitate to think were I would have been right now.

thank you all for sharing and I hope you get to read at least some of the 221 replies,,,,best of luck.

x()x()x()x()x

• I just logged in too and what was there on the front page at the top but you and spotty .. brought joy to my heart. Good and best wishes to you both and Ellie of course xxx

• Good afternoon... ( no notifications again ) xx

Reply Children
No Data