A Strange Fantasy

People on the spectrum, often those diagnosed in adulthood, have said they feel as if they don't belong on this planet. I love planet Earth and her animals but, if only The Doctor really were to exist, I'd gladly take the chance to travel to, and live on, a different planet where I would be accepted.

Part of me wants to write fanfiction about this but it may upset me because there's no way this fantasy could come true. 

Parents
  • There are planets you can visit whilst remaining on this one.  It's knowing where to look for them.

It's why I write.  I can create another world in my head and go live there for a while.

In some ways, I like feeling like an alien.  It gives me a new perspective on life.  Turns the whole thing on its head.

• Yes, I find my "special interests" can work very much like this.  I have often said to people, even long before I was diagnosed, that when I'm creating art/music or writing computer code, I am not just "doing something", I am "going somewhere."  They go beyond being simply hobbies - they are my sanctuaries.

• Yes, I find my "special interests" can work very much like this.  I have often said to people, even long before I was diagnosed, that when I'm creating art/music or writing computer code, I am not just "doing something", I am "going somewhere."  They go beyond being simply hobbies - they are my sanctuaries.

Children
  • I find when trying to get a point across and give an understanding of what I see to be a common thing, 

I often feel I am speaking a different language, 

I often use anologies, I think of anything to give an understanding in more simplistic ways they may just get,

Same here Lonewarrior!  Glad it's not just me, not that I wish it on you or anyone else!

• I find when trying to get a point across and give an understanding of what I see to be a common thing, 

I often feel I am speaking a different language, 

I often use anologies, I think of anything to give an understanding in more simplistic ways they may just get,

I am not one for writing, I struggled to hold a pen and dyslexia made letters and words my enemy due to constant put downs from my teachers,

Now when typing on here I suddenly find myself in my own world, full of character and a journey begins, I find it very easy to think freely and express like I cannot when interacting face to face,

I have several analogies which for me are extremely important, they are in my mind extremely long and I feel proud I have achieved what most see as a short story at best, a ramble of confusion at worse.

the detail is important as I take someone on a-journey into my world.

it is a nice place where only kind things happen.

I am from another time or planet, whichever it may be I am only passing by and look upon now as a trip to a theme park,

I am at present accumulating clothing that will not only make me very happy and confident in daily life it will make me feel as though I come from an earlier time and this is only a visit.

After fifty plus years I am going to wear the clothes I feel I belong in.