Asperger's and Jobs

I was wondering as an Aspie myself. What jobs do those of you with Asperger's do for a living?

What jobs do you think would be suitable for someone with Asperger's like myself? Any ideas?

Parents
  • Sounds good Pentadactyl, and I am happy you've found a career you're enjoying. A lot of those things are attractive but I find myself needing more. My ambition means when I get a job, the first thing I think of is, how to I now move on to a higher level? I also don't like things too routine and too rule orientated. I like rules, but not dictated by others. Self-employment is therefore probably my preferred option so now after having a degree, I am exploring becoming a mechanic to be self-employed in a job I can be self-employed in, successful and create my own rules.

I think it's a disgrace though how we are treated. Recently I just discovered that anxiety is likely in adults with aspergers syndrome, and I am still trying to work out my responses to work as I am coming across new responses and functional breakdowns. No financial support for our condition and not even support in the form of one-to-one or a phone call. It really annoys me, hence another reason why I am happy to see you in a job you enjoy.

On the salary front, I have a degree in the field of communication and marketing with a few years experience from placements etc. When I was interviewed for a job recently they offered me minimum wage. This was a very wealthy pharmaceutical company under pressure in the marketing department. I value myself much more than that. Much like another reader in this forum (sorry I don't have your username on hand), I was also advised to take my degree of my C.V. In a way, I am offered nothing more really for it, but I also value myself and so we should!

• Sounds good Pentadactyl, and I am happy you've found a career you're enjoying. A lot of those things are attractive but I find myself needing more. My ambition means when I get a job, the first thing I think of is, how to I now move on to a higher level? I also don't like things too routine and too rule orientated. I like rules, but not dictated by others. Self-employment is therefore probably my preferred option so now after having a degree, I am exploring becoming a mechanic to be self-employed in a job I can be self-employed in, successful and create my own rules.

I think it's a disgrace though how we are treated. Recently I just discovered that anxiety is likely in adults with aspergers syndrome, and I am still trying to work out my responses to work as I am coming across new responses and functional breakdowns. No financial support for our condition and not even support in the form of one-to-one or a phone call. It really annoys me, hence another reason why I am happy to see you in a job you enjoy.

On the salary front, I have a degree in the field of communication and marketing with a few years experience from placements etc. When I was interviewed for a job recently they offered me minimum wage. This was a very wealthy pharmaceutical company under pressure in the marketing department. I value myself much more than that. Much like another reader in this forum (sorry I don't have your username on hand), I was also advised to take my degree of my C.V. In a way, I am offered nothing more really for it, but I also value myself and so we should!

Children
No Data