Elections and politics

Is anyone else interested? I'm not party political, because I find to much that is disagreeable about the various parties, for every plus point theres an equal minus one.

I realise this might be contravercial to some, is politics a taboo subject on here?

What autism friendly policies would you like to see parties take up?

Parents
  • I dont vote anymore. All political parties will screw us over, just in different ways so why on earth would I actually walk down to a polling station and actually vote for people who are going to make my life worse and who don't care about me?

Autism friendly policies - Stop getting NT people to assess us for things like PIP and disability benefits. None of the assesors have any knowledge of or training in autism so are not qualified to make decisions on us. 

Have more training for employers so they know how to manage autistic people at work. We could be of so much use in the workplace but we are driven away by stupid systems and policies that we are not able to cope with. For instance, I once worked for a company that insisted on making autistic VOLUNTEERS go through performance reviews even if they were in tears and having panic attacks beforehand

For my money, Labour are worse than the Tories. At least the Tories are honest enough to admit they dont care about us. Labour are like a wolf in sheeps clothing, tricking us into thinking they care when actually they are as uncaring as the Tories. They are both truly awful though and the country is screwed under either of them 

• And either of them are likely to get in if you don't vote. At least spoil your ballot!!

• One of them will get in either way whether I vote for them or not  but at least this way I havn't contributed to it. 
    I do like the idea of writing none of the above on it though 

• Tbh if we did soil it it would still be the best thing on the ballot paper!

Reply Children
No Data