Preparation for Interviews

I have just seen news that a company has decided to publish possible questions on its website to help neuro divergent candidates. I wondered what people's views on this are.

Personally I find interviews difficult because I am not very good at thinking of quick answers on the spur of the moment but if given time could think of examples. I think it is good to have time to work out possible answers, but also I would probably spend a long time going over and over my wording in my head, then worry I might forget.

Parents
  • I've always hates interviews, I think the reason is mainly the self consciousness I feel and that probably stems from years of masking, I find it is the most stressful environment and my head is trying it's absolute hardest to "be the right person" , like I'm masking to the extreme.

On the flip side I quite enjoy the recruitment process when I'm on the other end of it.

If questions are structured around competencies then I think they should be given out beforehand so people can spend time working out which examples of previous experiences they want to use as answers, even the fastest thinkers couldn't do well without preparation for this type of interview, you expect to see a lot of boxes ticked by one answer.

I believe people should bring notes and prepare generally and feel they can refer to notes If they get a moment of brain freeze during the process, I know I do!  If I'm recruiting someone I want to know they are organised and think up front and don't turn up and wing it, as that's how I'd want them to work the majority of the time.

• I've always hates interviews, I think the reason is mainly the self consciousness I feel and that probably stems from years of masking, I find it is the most stressful environment and my head is trying it's absolute hardest to "be the right person" , like I'm masking to the extreme.

On the flip side I quite enjoy the recruitment process when I'm on the other end of it.

If questions are structured around competencies then I think they should be given out beforehand so people can spend time working out which examples of previous experiences they want to use as answers, even the fastest thinkers couldn't do well without preparation for this type of interview, you expect to see a lot of boxes ticked by one answer.

I believe people should bring notes and prepare generally and feel they can refer to notes If they get a moment of brain freeze during the process, I know I do!  If I'm recruiting someone I want to know they are organised and think up front and don't turn up and wing it, as that's how I'd want them to work the majority of the time.

Children
No Data