Freezing during social interactions

I feel like this is just a me thing but I'm sure it's not. Whenever I'm in a social situation I freeze, literally, not moving and not speaking. It's like a computer when the whole lot just stops... That's my brain during social interactions. No longer computing. 

If I was a Windows it would say Windows Has Stopped Responding lol Stuck out tongue closed eyes 

It is an issue though. It makes me look a complete idiot and has led to bigger social anxiety which has led to me withdrawing from people and isolating myself. It's better if I can pre plan interacting with people but surprise interactions are a problem. 

I had to deal with a delivery person earlier for my neighbour and I froze then. It was awkward and embarrassing. At the time I wished the ground would open up and swallow me...

Parents
  • Definitely not just a you thing. It's hard when there's no preplanned script and I'm not familiar with my surroundings.

Ordering at a takeaway or taking a delivery is tolerable, because I don't have to do much, but anything I can't really prepare myself for doesn't really go well.

• Definitely not just a you thing. It's hard when there's no preplanned script and I'm not familiar with my surroundings.

Ordering at a takeaway or taking a delivery is tolerable, because I don't have to do much, but anything I can't really prepare myself for doesn't really go well.

Children
No Data