Eye Contact

Hello all

I have a question about eye contact. I can make and maintain eye contact, and I remember someone telling me when I was younger that I need to make sure to "look the interviewer in the eye" when I went for interviews. Which is one of my reasons for suspecting I am autistic rather than socially anxious. I don't like eye contact, I do not understand why people feel connected by eye contact.

I've been paying attention to this recently and I have noticed that when I look people in the eye, their eyes dart all over the place. Does anyone else recognize this? I wonder if my eyes are darting around and they are trying to follow or it's just something I'm picking up on.

Parents
  • Today I watched my good friend lie to me. I was looking at his eyes because I trust him and all the tell tales were there and I was unable to make any more eye contact since that with him. He may be even lying to himself. I don't know how but it a tricky thing, for sure. I even asked him "really?" and he doubled down the same tell-tale signs. It may be that eye contact is hard for that simple reason, hearing one thing and see another truth.

• Today I watched my good friend lie to me. I was looking at his eyes because I trust him and all the tell tales were there and I was unable to make any more eye contact since that with him. He may be even lying to himself. I don't know how but it a tricky thing, for sure. I even asked him "really?" and he doubled down the same tell-tale signs. It may be that eye contact is hard for that simple reason, hearing one thing and see another truth.

Children
No Data