Anybody else horrific with money like me?

I’ve got myself into a few grand of debt over the years and I have no emotion to it and think it will just go away. Every time I get a letter or email I just keep ignoring them and can’t understand how I have got myself into this mess!! I’m currently out of work and have no way of paying them back, I just don’t want to have to make the calls to try and sort it!  Anyone else like this? Any information would be much appreciated thank you 

Parents
  • Ohh  No not the dreaded excel spreadsheet! I think those are some thing that you either get on with or don't. As others have said get in touch with CAB for debt advice. When you're out and about or mooching about online, and see something that takes your fancy ask yourself if you like the company of that thing more than you like the company of your money? I do this and it's amazing how quickly I forget about what I've fancied buying. Maybe do that and every week put the money you've "saved" in an ISA or something so as you can see how much you've got and feel proud of it, get attached to that figure rather than stuff. Is there anything you can sell? Do you know how you got yourself into the position of owing so much?

• Ohh  No not the dreaded excel spreadsheet! I think those are some thing that you either get on with or don't. As others have said get in touch with CAB for debt advice. When you're out and about or mooching about online, and see something that takes your fancy ask yourself if you like the company of that thing more than you like the company of your money? I do this and it's amazing how quickly I forget about what I've fancied buying. Maybe do that and every week put the money you've "saved" in an ISA or something so as you can see how much you've got and feel proud of it, get attached to that figure rather than stuff. Is there anything you can sell? Do you know how you got yourself into the position of owing so much?

Children
No Data