Zoning out

Hi does anyone else who’s autistic zone out sometimes? I do this all the time. When I’m talking to someone I’ll just act all spaced out and like I’m in another planet. People legitimately think I am stoned when I am actually stone cold sober. It’s strange plus interesting. Am I actually in my own little world at times? I wonder why this could be. I hear autistic people often zone out and stare into space. I have always done this I sometimes I stare at the ground and one time somebody said to me ‘you look like you’re staring at the universe down there’ lol. Yeh it was just to see if anyone else gets zoned out or if anyone else gets suspected of being high when your totally sober. I used to all ways get my teachers saying I would just sit in class and daydream in my school reports. Does zoning out tie into social withdrawal in autistic people? Do we zone out and go into our own little worlds while the world passes us by? It feels like it, maybe I ought to just accept that I am that way. 

Parents
  • It is like the world is at arms length and not really having anything to do with oneself. All the ingredients are there doing their thing but they are a separate reality and one has simply stepped sideways into another, adjacent one for a time.

• It is like the world is at arms length and not really having anything to do with oneself. All the ingredients are there doing their thing but they are a separate reality and one has simply stepped sideways into another, adjacent one for a time.

Children
No Data