Lost everything in the Lahaina fire.

Hi everyone. I have been away from the forum for a bit.

I was in the middle of the Lahaina Maui fire. 

Got out with just seconds to spare.

Lost everything,

I am rudderless, pitching an yawing in chippy waters.

This is very hard.

I've been placed in a hotel and the small room looks different everytime I come back to it;

the room service keeps moving things.

All my art supplies and work are burned up.

Sometimes I get a strong sense of euphoria, like there is nothing, I am nothing, all is nothing.

Parents
  • I am truly sorry for what you have been through and I hope that you're in a better place now and are in the position to start rebuilding your life and making a fresh start. 

This happened to me when I was in my late teens. Funny enough it was an autistic person but very unstable mentally and she set fire to our garage but it spread to the house and we lost everything, absolutely everything perished except for me and my family. I had a lovely collection of books but they all went up with the house. At the time I felt so sad, felt like how could this happen and remember feeling I would never get through what happened.

Fast forward to now and I'm in my own place again and I've got my little boy and I am happy. Where I am feels like home again, and I've got new items that I treasure and love. 

I hope things are improved and continue to improve for you now. 

Thinking of you, wishing you all the best. Bex x.

• thanks Bex. Kind words.  I have lost everything - so far - 5 times. The first time for me was when I was about 13. It always feels like a mix of annoyance and ecstasy at being freed from all the ties that bind. Stuff can always be got again. People live in the heart. All is renewal.

• I have lost everything - so far - 5 times.

Wow!

I think you may need to write a biography/novel (if you haven't already).

You appear to have had an eventful life.

Stuff can always be got again. People live in the heart. All is renewal

Sparkling heart

Reply Children
  • thanks dear Debbie, I prefer the fictionalization. Its more therapeutic. I embrace the Dharma naturally, so, I suppose all these things around me don't feel like they ever belonged to me. The body: star dusk on loan from the 'stuff that dreams are made of'.