Travelling/holidays

Do you enjoy going abroad and/or travelling within your own country?

I've only been to a few countries in my life, all in Europe.

So, what makes you feel you need to have a 'holiday' in another place from home?

Some of my motivations:

1.  Because it's the 'done thing' so I think a part of it was to fit in with the 'crowd'.

2.  To experience other cultures and see some beauty in the world (that was Italy).

Against:

1.  I hate the journey.

2.  I worry about leaving my home untended.

3.  I feel deeply disorientated by hotel rooms etc.

4.  I feel deeply disorientated by being in 'strange' places.

5.  I feel deeply disorientated by the change in routine.

6.  I hate heat and don't swim so beach holidays are out.

7.  Financial restraints.

I think I get less stressed by travelling in the UK, with knowing I can get home quickly if required.

How about you?

Parents
  • I live on Anglesey, what need have I for a holiday? I have lovely beaches all around me, there are mountains and forests nearby.

Mostly what stops me travelling is the thought of other people, I dont' want to go anywhere crowded. I worry about what I will be able to eat, will I find anything I can eat or will I be stuck with bread and fruit?

I don't like the heat either so most places are out and I don't swim and the thought of lobsterising myself with a load of others round a pool is gross. And I'd have to wear a cossie! The world isn't ready for that and if you wear a burkini I gather you can be made to feel very unwelcome and even banned in some places!

Therre are places I would like to see, mostly archaeological sites and some wildlife sanctuaries, but they all seem to be in hot places with loads of insects that want to eat you. Also I couldn't fly to many of them, I can't sit in one position for more than 2 or 3 hours without seizing up, if I went on a long haul flight, I'd be in screaming agony and you'd need a block and tackle to get me off the plane.

I don't travel because of social anxiety and because I worry about my animals whilst I'm away and my garden, holidays always seem to occur right in the middle of the best and busiest of the gardening season. I freak out of I have to go east of Bangor, going to Llandudno was a major expedition.

• I live on Anglesey, what need have I for a holiday? I have lovely beaches all around me, there are mountains and forests nearby.

Mostly what stops me travelling is the thought of other people, I dont' want to go anywhere crowded. I worry about what I will be able to eat, will I find anything I can eat or will I be stuck with bread and fruit?

I don't like the heat either so most places are out and I don't swim and the thought of lobsterising myself with a load of others round a pool is gross. And I'd have to wear a cossie! The world isn't ready for that and if you wear a burkini I gather you can be made to feel very unwelcome and even banned in some places!

Therre are places I would like to see, mostly archaeological sites and some wildlife sanctuaries, but they all seem to be in hot places with loads of insects that want to eat you. Also I couldn't fly to many of them, I can't sit in one position for more than 2 or 3 hours without seizing up, if I went on a long haul flight, I'd be in screaming agony and you'd need a block and tackle to get me off the plane.

I don't travel because of social anxiety and because I worry about my animals whilst I'm away and my garden, holidays always seem to occur right in the middle of the best and busiest of the gardening season. I freak out of I have to go east of Bangor, going to Llandudno was a major expedition.

Children
No Data