This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I'm really struggling to get past the initial stages of a relationship.

This post has been deleted as it contravenes the community rules.

Ayshe Mod

• You're a Copybot. You don't have relationships! No one wants you and you're not good to be around. Here's the real thread by a real person from 2 months ago:

http://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/12284/how-did-your-relationships-start-out

or , perhaps Pirate Santa's kind response could be moved to that original thread before deleting this one together with NAS37991?

What is Cassandro on about? The long and the short of it (mostly long) is here.

• I'm certainly no expert on relationships & gave up on them quite a long time ago (just an old cynic now, lol), but with regard to the texting maybe it's just his way of letting you know that he is thinking about you, rather than that he is constantly trying to drag you into a discussion.

The same thing goes for the repeated affirmations that they are interested in you romantically, it could just be their way of letting you know that they think a lot of you. Maybe it isn't that they are pushing their emotional insecurities onto you, rather it's just that they are nervous because you see things from a more logical perspective & don't share the same insecure behavioural patterns.

In my past relationships I've been referred to as Mr Spock or Vulcan for similar reasons & just tried to make a joke out of it. If the other person understands that just because your world view is different, it doesn't mean that you don't like them, then at least in my limited experience it often diffuses the situation.

I hope you meet someone who is right for you soon :)