Yay!

Very happy. Got my diagnosis today. At the age of 52, finally. My only regret is that it wasn't picked up when I was at school. I may have left with some qualifications if it had been.

Parents
  • Hi Lellynelly,

I've been taking a break from the forums - but I just happened to take a look tonight and see this.  Congratulations!  I know that feeling!

I feel the same about school.  I, too, left without qualifications after a pretty miserable 11 years.  I made up for it to some extent later with night classes, then uni at 28.  But I still feel hugely uneducated.  I trust it hasn't held you back in any way work-wise.

I try not to think about the past.  Anything could have happened.  I may have got my qualifications, then moved off along a particular career path and still have ended up feeling unhappy and unfulfilled.  I accept myself, and my condition, now.  I'm actually glad I'm a little 'different'.  I march to another drummer.

Congratulations again.  Onwards and upwards!

Tom

• Hi Lellynelly,

I've been taking a break from the forums - but I just happened to take a look tonight and see this.  Congratulations!  I know that feeling!

I feel the same about school.  I, too, left without qualifications after a pretty miserable 11 years.  I made up for it to some extent later with night classes, then uni at 28.  But I still feel hugely uneducated.  I trust it hasn't held you back in any way work-wise.

I try not to think about the past.  Anything could have happened.  I may have got my qualifications, then moved off along a particular career path and still have ended up feeling unhappy and unfulfilled.  I accept myself, and my condition, now.  I'm actually glad I'm a little 'different'.  I march to another drummer.

Congratulations again.  Onwards and upwards!

Tom

Children
No Data