Riding without stabilisers... How to keep going forward without losing your balance and crashing!

Life always throws challenge into the heady mix of the day to day.  Myself, I have a husband undertaking spinal surgery today, as a result a week full of house guests, a busy job, and I am also trying to secure a new employment position.  All of this has created a heightened sense of instability and therefore the need to keep centred, a cool head, plus to deftly switch hats from employee, partner, mother, hostess etc in order to meet everyones' NT expectations! Performance anxiety abounds!!

So, my question is...

What keeps you grounded when the world sometimes spin too fast?

What routines, internal mantras, techniques do you use to keep your "**** together" and to stop you imploding into a shutdown/meltdown/implosion/arrrrgggghhhh??

Hope all is well with everyone out there! best wishes to all

Ellie x

Parents
  • Glad Tidings and Good Forune to Miss Elephant and to all that you want to give them to...!

As you are "All That" upon this Forum, and I keep seeing this Thread reoccur... I shall Post something. Maybe helpful, maybe not...?

With regards to PushBikes: I cannot ride these anymore, (uphill,) due to Asthma... but they ARE fun fun fun! The best fun I last found was riding in a local Park... I saw a double-slope ahead of myself (two hills). I listened carefully, to know that no-one else would get in my way...

And then I just let go... dropping down the hill, allowing circumstance to give me speed, yet braking so as not to lose control! It was exhilarating and thrilling and challenging...

Upon reaching the next Peak, I brake, of course, to stand still, to take in what was done, the enjoymentof it, the success... and most of all... that no-one was around to impede myself!

With regards to "metaphors" upon this Thread, I suppose that this  (waffle) is to say that... when in control, and confident, then GO FOR IT! But Always always learn, and be aware of losing control or/and of other persons (getting in the way). 

That ends this Post... Beware - I may Post "confusing" things, if anyone is curious about  my own answer to what actually "keeps you grounded"...(!)

• Thank you DC perceptive and wise as always x

Reply Children
No Data